How many Corvids are killed by PW members in 2016

steve_b_wales

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be absolutely certain but pretty sure I have had 7 magpies, 9 Jackdaws, 7 jays, 2 carrion crows this year in my wood, mainly with the 22RF or the Mossy 410. I have also had to whack a couple of rooks raiding my bird feeders by the kitchen window. They don't normally get any attention on my ground but I do turn out when asked and sort a few out on new drillings and laid corn. Still have a couple of magpies hanging around and introduced a jackdaw to a 18 grainer out of my 17 Rem this afternoon.

I can't be absolutely certain but pretty sure I have had 7 magpies, 9 Jackdaws, 7 jays, 2 carrion crows this year in my wood, mainly with the 22RF or the Mossy 410. I have also had to whack a couple of rooks raiding my bird feeders by the kitchen window. They don't normally get any attention on my ground but I do turn out when asked and sort a few out on new drillings and laid corn. Still have a couple of magpies hanging around and introduced a jackdaw to a 18 grainer out of my 17 Rem this afternoon.

Are you claiming a tally and if so how many, if you are I make your total above 28 so please add it to my post #186 below........thanks

Edited by Sha Bu Le

First couple of hours with my new TX200 air rifle. 11 magpies on the slurry pit. I was there two hours but probably shooting 1 1/2 because I was sussing the lines out to put in a permanent seat for this job. I am really pleased with this new rifle, most of these were 20 to 25yrds but the last one had teased me for about an hour walking around the pit at about 45yrds and bobbing it's head up now and then .... it bobbed up once to much and the first mill dot was settled on it's head. I was amazed when it flipped over because I was about to leave and this was just a way of emptying the rifle. :-)

First couple of hours with my new TX200 air rifle. 11 magpies on the slurry pit. I was there two hours but probably shooting 1 1/2 because I was sussing the lines out to put in a permanent seat for this job. I am really pleased with this new rifle, most of these were 20 to 25yrds but the last one had teased me for about an hour walking around the pit at about 45yrds and bobbing it's head up now and then .... it bobbed up once to much and the first mill dot was settled on it's head. I was amazed when it flipped over because I was about to leave and this was just a way of emptying the rifle. :-)

11 Maggie's. Now that is good going. Done some good there mate. Well done.

Just found this page, I'm very fortunate as I have a rookery on one of my permissions. Back at the end of May this year I shot well over 100 rooks and crows over 2 afternoons. Photographs taken of the ones that fell to ground around 20-25 stuck in the tree's.

How do you get pics up ?