Zero Bass limit - level playing my *****

KFC

Yes its a Joke , last year we could take 3 which was bad enough , this year none .

Then you pop into your local supermarket and see bass on the fish counter 8" long , that are being sourced from spanish trawlers etc , no wonder stocks are declining .

Yes its a Joke , last year we could take 3 which was bad enough , this year none .

Then you pop into your local supermarket and see bass on the fish counter 8" long , that are being sourced from spanish trawlers etc , no wonder stocks are declining .

I do like my evenings out bass fishing, I'm on a tight budget and fishing is a cheap hobby and it's always nice to have a freshly caught bass for lunch.

When are they ever going to realise recreational fishermen have very little impact on fish stocks, especially me with the number of nights in blank.

A lot of bass sold in supermarkets is farmed hence the small size.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and thereby ruining my day and probably most of my summer.

I was one of the first members of UKIP and I will stand by their main aim all the way to the referendum.

I'm due to go out on the Enterprise off Clacton tomorrow. I was looking forward to the possibility of a Bass at this time of the year thinking it's still a three fish limit. That's put the mockers on it so I hope the big Cod are about.

Whiting and Dab, if I can get one big enough, are good eating but I'm not sure I want to drive two hours to the beach to put back any Bass I catch in the process :no:

The whole proposal is a mess and appears to have come as a result of the Angling Trust, BASS and others lobbying Defra and the EU for more bass preservation restrictions.

This has completely backfired on them, there is a 40 odd page thread on World Sea Fishing Forums that makes interesting reading.

There will be a lot of people breaking the law on the beaches and quite a few charter boats stuck in the harbours, for a few months of the year.

Farmed fish they sell better than tilapia

The bit that stinks is big boats can still pair trawl. Don't tell me the eu ain't a corrupt joke

These are the reason bass stocks declined in the first place for pity's sake

I actually wouldn't be against a ban on killing bass at least for a period. It worked in the states with the striped bass

But to ban all the sustainable and allow the unsustainable is representing only how corrupt the eu is

Remember this if we get the promised referendum

Well I hope every person who goes fishing or shooting in this country votes to leave the EU as soon as we get the opportunity to do so.

The idea of the common market made some sense but the way Brussels now abuses it power is utter madness and we give them £1 million pounds a month to treat us in this way. They and especially the Germans must be laughing their heads off at us, how did it ever come to be like this?

I have heard that this is for the first 6 months of the year.

Which, if it is, isn't so bad, as the bass aren't really in until August/September. (Here anyway, not sure if it's the same everywhere)

It does take the mick tho. What's the new legislation for trawlers?

I have has a few PM's asking for a summary of the restrictions imposed, here it is.

"From January 1st to June 30th 2016 recreational sea anglers will only be able catch bass on a catch and release basis. i.e. all bass are to be returned to the water alive when they are caught.

From July 1st to December 31st 2016 recreational sea anglers will be restricted to a bag limit of one bass per day. All other bass caught during that day are required to be released to the water, alive. "

Guys you do realise this is all about who has the cash to pay for good lobbies in Brussels

If we don't vote for out at our earliest opertunity I fear things will get a lot lot worse on so many issues before the invetivibility of what happens when you take away freedom

Remember the American revolution started over tea taxes being seen as unfair