Clay shooting South Yorkshire

jason kaye

How about Derbyshire a nice shoot at Brassington only 42 miles from Barnsley. Take a look at there website, some great pictures on there which will give you some idea of the shoot.

Darley Dale Clay Pigeon Shooting Club

Bees Nest Mine

Manystones Lane

Brassington

Derbyshire

www.ddcpsc.org.uk

https://www.facebook.com/DarleyDaleClay####/?ref=hl

Theres barugh freen every alternate sunday an theres allerton by water on alternate sundays like rupert says kegwoth well worth a visit an down the a1 i would say a hour an 15 theres orston (brilliant ground) cockett farm, nottingham gun club all worth visiting where abouts in barnsley you from ?

Theres barugh freen every alternate sunday an theres allerton by water on alternate sundays like rupert says kegwoth well worth a visit an down the a1 i would say a hour an 15 theres orston (brilliant ground) cockett farm, nottingham gun club all worth visiting where abouts in barnsley you from ?

I'm from Birdwell pal.

Just remembered jason im 99% sure you have to be cpsa registered to shoot at kegworth an if you are your straight on m1 like said above pal you will do it in a hour if i recall correctly some mentioned a shoot at penistone i think on here and also theres the boar at glossop snake pass and a shoot called old glossop near the boar every sunday but i heard weather can be quite bad down there

Just remembered jason im 99% sure you have to be cpsa registered to shoot at kegworth an if you are your straight on m1 like said above pal you will do it in a hour if i recall correctly some mentioned a shoot at penistone i think on here and also theres the boar at glossop snake pass and a shoot called old glossop near the boar every sunday but i heard weather can be quite bad down there

I think there are two shoots near Penistone on a Sunday, but I'm still trying to dig out some details...Who I need to contact etc, regular meeting times.

The first one I know if as I hear them shooting near Wentworth Park, Penistone is as you come down from Hoylandswaine Roundabout to Penistone, there's a field on the left hand side that the shooters park their cars in, but where they go from there I'm not sure (this is on the A628 heading towards Manchester - if you go under the railway bridge into Penistone you've gone too far).

The other one is a the top of Cubley, on what I think is Hartcliff Hill Road. If you go through the centre of Penistone, past the shops, then up passed Cubley hall eventually you will come to some Cross roads. Turn right at the cross roads and follow this road, you'll pass an egg farm, down and up the other side of the dip, then there's a gate on a field on the left...but I don't know for sure when they meet, or who you'd need to contact...I'm hoping to drop in on either when I have spare time!

• 2 months later...