Benelli 828u

JohnFreeman1310

Not posted or been on in awhile started shooting again and just purchased above Gun and all I can say is absolutely brilliant light weight and recoil is no worse than on any other I shot 3 guns this morning and this was by far the best in my opinion so all in all big thanks to arron and the team and kelbrook for a not rush or obligation talk without forcing sale just helpful people.

I got the black action as well in 28" flavour, I used a MK60 a good while ago which had auto safety, and found I kept forgetting about it and lost a fair amount of clays in the process. If you do want to remove the auto safety in the future there is a good photo in another 828 topic showing the trigger group and the spring that needs removing, which is simple to do.

I think it is probably destined to be a gun that divides opinion, but that is more due to the conservative and often times snooty attitude of shooters than anything to do with the gun. Not yet had the chance to look at one and handle it, but I like what I have seen in pictures, it is unconventional in so many ways and I like that.

The most important thing for the two new owners on this thread, if it makes you smile when you think about it or pick it up then that makes it a great purchase so well done to you both :)

Hopefully its a good choice, as it complements my other guns, now said bye to semi auto's for a couple of reasons.

I now have the heavy weight CG sporter that has adjustable rib and comb, though due to a problem with my health its not been out of the cabinet for a while, then new 525 2015 special edition sporter, great gun as it has adjustable stock and beaver tail fore end as std and now the 828 as the light weight, its so swing-able and you don't even notice its in your hands.

No sorry none to try as there new they have one black action one nickel left in stock they only had 3 total but there great guns I would have come up but I'm working nights till Monday now.
I used the silver pigeon hunter club gun as a bit of a test to see how a 28inch felt and recoil wise

I was looking at these last week although I didn't handle one, wood looked very plain and there just didn't seem much there for the money. I wouldn't want to Clay Shoot with one and for Game would not pick one over a nice 20 bore.

Took the 828 out for a spin today and did 3 rounds of skeet which I don't normally shoot, though I have shot skeet for the past couple of weeks. ! was using Rio target load R10 20's 28g and first round equaled my previous PB set a couple of weeks ago then the heavens opened up on the second round everything got soaked and stuffed the round up with a 10. I recovered in the 3rd round to a 17.

What surprised me after hearing reports the guns give a fair amount of recoil effect, I found that there was little if any difference to my other guns, will give the Rio's their due they are low on recoil compared to the likes of Hull supper fasts. Its a great gun even with it only being around 6 1/2 lbs in weight and would happily shoot it all day with clays.

The only thing I have done since getting it home from the RFD was the usual clean and tlc on the wood work (having got used to Beretta's where there is a lack of oil on the wood) and removed the auto safety, which for me was the best decision as I don't get on with auto safeties, which took all of a few mins to do it.

I would have no problems letting a lady use my 828, one of the reasons I bought mine as would not feel comfortable with a new shooter using my old s/a and did not want to stock 12 and 20 bore cartridges. What you could also do is use a cartridge like the Hull Comp X's to reduce any recoil even further.

If you can find a dealer that has a demo one, would be worth trying it out to see if it would suit her, and any recoil is acceptable.

• 1 month later...

Emmet & Stone in Little Marlow have received some more stock of these -- last I heard they wouln't get any until the summer, but apparently the importer got a new batch...

.. and it's about 200 quid cheaper! Apparently Benelli retooled for the engraving/etching

it's very tempting, we might borrow their demo one to have a go next week...