Your plans for airgun liscencing

12gauge82

I've recently had a move to Scotland and have so far yet to get out and about looking for new permissions, most of my shooting is now shotguns anyway (clays for now) and I'm having serious consideration to selling my airgun as I'm not sure when or if I'm going to continue having need for one, it does however seem a shame as at the moment its sat in the cabinet and if I sell it I may decide I want another one in future. So I was just wondering what the rest of the Scots are doing when the airgun liscensing law comes into effect?

Thanks for that, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for a copy. Im still considering weather to sell or apply for a liscence and Just wondered whether most people will be getting a liscence or selling up, I think it's a sad day for shooting and a real blow to the grass routes of our sport.

I was told by my FLO that was only if you have a section 1 but to be honest it doesn't sound like they have been kept up to date either. Well done SNP another well thought out piece of firearms legislation, not.

its a shame but lets be honest about this,,, "THE SCOTTISH PEOPLE VOTED THEM IN" so I know this might be a bit harsh but they do not get my sympathy,,, the majority don't want to be a part of the UK yet they want to interfere in ENGLISH and UK laws,,

what makes me laugh even more is ,,,, they( the scots ) want their own country and not be part of the UK or UNITED KINGDOM but they want to keep the pound (sterling ) :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

what an idiot , a total power hungry little witch who is a crankie and THE SCOTS VOTED HER IN :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

it reminds me of a connie francis song " who,s sorry now "

just my opinion mind , but more fool you for moving to scotland

Edited by evo

its a shame but lets be honest about this,,, "THE SCOTTISH PEOPLE VOTED THEM IN" so I know this might be a bit harsh but they do not get my sympathy,,, the majority don't want to be a part of the UK yet they want to interfere in ENGLISH and UK laws,,

what makes me laugh even more is ,,,, they( the scots ) want their own country and not be part of the UK or UNITED KINGDOM but they want to keep the pound (sterling ) :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

what an idiot , a total power hungry little witch who is a crankie and THE SCOTS VOTED HER IN :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Cheer's evo, I think hahaha

Cheer's evo, I think hahaha

I must say bud,,, best wishes on your move and I really do hope all things are blessed and go well for you,,BUT,, it wont be long before you come back home,,, when you do let me know and I,ll buy you a pint :good::good::good: :good:

Let's not be too condemning of all Scots. My understanding at the time of the vote of an issue deliberately avoided by Salmond is the question of the Islanders. The Orkneys, Shetlands and Hebrides did not want to be part of an Independant Scotland and implied UDI or, perhaps, stay with what remained of the UK. And the oils and has fields are closer to their territorial waters than they are to Scotland.

Three wolves and one lamb voting on what to have for lunch is democracy

In politics there are more seats were mainly wolves live

If you have a licence for other guns or you have shooting for Airgun then keep it if you don't then you dont actually have use of it

Couldn't agree more Kent, my issue is I've literally just moved and at this very moment I have no use of it however given a month or two that would very likely change however I guess I'm just considering giving airguns up altogether, just dont know if I can be bothered with all the licencing and just focus on shotgun and rifle shooting from now on.

Couldn't agree more Kent, my issue is I've literally just moved and at this very moment I have no use of it however given a month or two that would very likely change however I guess I'm just considering giving airguns up altogether, just dont know if I can be bothered with all the licencing and just focus on shotgun and rifle shooting from now on.

If you have shooting and Licencing for rifle and shotgun I suggest the air rifle only fills s niche and it's a darn site easier to get shooting with shotgun and fac anyhow

You have 12g shotguns but they want you to apply for another ticket for a sub 12ft air rifle that's just bonkers. Should be auto entitled with your sgc or fac.

Are they putting restrictions on pellets?

Rip Scotland with these loonys in power, and with Westminster handing more and more power over they are surly doomed. Shame such a nice country.

You have 12g shotguns but they want you to apply for another ticket for a sub 12ft air rifle that's just bonkers. Should be auto entitled with your sgc or fac.

Are they putting restrictions on pellets?

Rip Scotland with these loonys in power, and with Westminster handing more and more power over they are surly doomed. Shame such a nice country.

I regularly shoot rifles but do not have a fac and currently hold a SGC, the feo seemed to think a fac will cover airguns but not a SGC although he admitted he didn't know either, it really is a mad situation.

First of all lets get things straight we the majority of scots do not want our own country, we want to remain part of the UK as was made clear in the referendum. Secondly we the majority do not think its right that SNP members of parliament have the right to interfere in English laws. We the majority want to remain part of the UK and as part of the UK we have the right to use the currency of the UK. I suggest you get your facts right before you go spouting a load of nonsense on here.

First of all lets get things straight we the majority of scots do not want our own country, we want to remain part of the UK as was made clear in the referendum. Secondly we the majority do not think its right that SNP members of parliament have the right to interfere in English laws. We the majority want to remain part of the UK and as part of the UK we have the right to use the currency of the UK. I suggest you get your facts right before you go spouting a load of nonsense on here.

Evos from that wonderful place the wirral :lol:

As far as airgun licensing goes, if it needs to go on the ticket then thats were it goes ;)

As it stands the new Scotland Police force is so not set up it is frightening, they have yet to centralise things to their new site, at present licensing is not up to date and guns on databases and cert applications not stacking up.

I do not think that the new SNP government have the money to set new things in motion or have any idea how to go about things properly or how it can be managed and by whom.

Where abouts are you located 12 gauge ?

As it stands the new Scotland Police force is so not set up it is frightening, they have yet to centralise things to their new site, at present licensing is not up to date and guns on databases and cert applications not stacking up.

I do not think that the new SNP government have the money to set new things in motion or have any idea how to go about things properly or how it can be managed and by whom.

Where abouts are you located 12 gauge ?

Ayrshire, lovely part of the world it is to.

james please quote what I said that is wrong,, ???

you the majority as you call it voted these idiots in , so sorry but as connie said " who,s sorry now " I was also correct in saying you wanted to split from the uk but keep sterling , that was also correct , sorry bud but my facts are right,,

please don't be bitter and I really cant be bothered arguing but enjoy your air rifles whilst you can cos I know I will

It all seems daft. Could I have an air gun in my car in Carlisle, legally, and ten minutes later ,be in breach of the Law in Scotland ? (Gun runner :lol::lol: ) :innocent::hmm:

Or, would I have to be a Scottish resident to require a licence? :hmm: Visitors permit?

All this Independence stuff is just 'tribal' nonsense , and belongs in the 16th century. How could we ever get on with life forms from other parts of space(if they exist)

if we continually fight over borders and beliefs . There's one race, its called 'mankind', lets get on with each other, and move forward. :)

Could I have an air gun in my car in Carlisle, legally, and ten minutes later ,be in breach of the Law in Scotland ?

YES. SAME AS THE DIFFERENT DRINK DRIVING LIMITS.

Or, would I have to be a Scottish resident to require a licence?

NO

Visitors permit?

YES

More muscle flexing from the Forth Reich....

Remember, everything Hitler did was legal under German law...& he was democratically elected.

The only difference between him & fish face is one testicle & some moustache bleach.