SNS

Shootandbesafe

Penelope

The former Fenboy

Warwick Daniels

Nick Ransom

Neal Thompson

OJW

I was hosting there today and there were lots and lots of birds. My great concern is that bird selection is not going to be good and we will have the bag by 11:30. I have asked for a partridge drive to get the day under way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloydi

SNS

Shootandbesafe

Penelope

The former Fenboy

Warwick Daniels

Nick Ransom

Neal Thompson

OJW

I was hosting there today and there were lots and lots of birds. My great concern is that bird selection is not going to be good and we will have the bag by 11:30. I have asked for a partridge drive to get the day under way.

My biggest concern is that we can't find a hamper big enough for the picnic selection Lloydie is bringing!

On a serious note, yes its always a worry with lots of birds but everyone is sporting and even I can do 100 / 9 to roughly work out my fair share and select accordingly.

Thanks for the list, it's going to be a great day.

Edited by OJW

Looking forward to the day and meeting everyone. I had a text from fenboy yesterday, who met a chap that beats on the shoot; he reiterated what JDog has written, lots of very good birds.

There may even be a bit of snow on the ground, which would be nice.

JDog, I suggest you limit us to 5 cartridges per drive :lol: .

Edited by Penelope

Sounds like it's going to be a great day,

If you don't mind me asking what price was it ?

It was £400 Royboy, sounds like it's going to be well worth it.

On the Burnt Norton drive there were plenty of birds too, we could have easily filled the bag by lunch, on the first drive I stopped shooting once I bagged 5, only way to make the day last........5 sounds high, but I knew the next two drives and were I would be stood so knew I wouldn't bag too many there, but made up for it on the final drive.....we need to be cautious gents.......

Ollie, I'm only bringing cheese and pies, some others need to bring treats and other things, I have got to get Warwick in the car after all aswell...lol....

I've booked a taxi for myself, Warwick, OJW and Shoot and be safe (on the way through) for Monday night.

I have also booked one for Tuesday night for myself, OJW and Warwick, shoot and be safe are you staying Tuesday aswell and need picking up en route?

It was £400 Royboy, sounds like it's going to be well worth it.

On the Burnt Norton drive there were plenty of birds too, we could have easily filled the bag by lunch, on the first drive I stopped shooting once I bagged 5, only way to make the day last........5 sounds high, but I knew the next two drives and were I would be stood so knew I wouldn't bag too many there, but made up for it on the final drive.....we need to be cautious gents.......

Ollie, I'm only bringing cheese and pies, some others need to bring treats and other things, I have got to get Warwick in the car after all aswell...lol....

I'm going to bring some bits as well, I won't know what until I'm confronted by the boulangerie counter. Also thank you for booking taxis.

aga man, my GF Kerry will be taking my camera.

Like you motty i kind of wish i had of booked. Then again we still have £400 in our pockets :)

Only kidding, hope you guys have a great day which i'm sure you will with such a host. :good:

Please ensure to take a camera someone. :good:

Lloydi

SNS

Shootandbesafe

Penelope

The former Fenboy

Warwick Daniels

Nick Ransom

Neal Thompson

OJW

My bigger concern is will they be testing enough for Lloydi ?

I'm working the day before so not to sure of what culinary delights will be on offer from our camp...

...But...

...I'll have a bottle or two of Port for the cheese board.

A sprig or two of rosemary, cherry liqueur, sloe gin and fizz for the "hedgerow royale"

And a couple of bottles of the "House of Bruar" sloe gin :drool:

I presume we are having a "wet" day ;)

I'm working the day before so not to sure of what culinary delights will be on offer from our camp...

...But...

...I'll have a bottle or two of Port for the cheese board.

A sprig or two of rosemary, cherry liqueur, sloe gin and fizz for the "hedgerow royale"

And a couple of bottles of the "House of Bruar" sloe gin :drool:

I presume we are having a "wet" day ;)

Have I missed something here. The shoot was today and your post was 10 minutes ago. Have you got the right day ?

OB