How has your season been so far?

hollidca

I haven't posted since I got my SGC in June and purchased my first gun. I went for a second hand Miroku 7000 in the end, decided it would hold it's value and it didn't have much of a cast for a righty (I'm left handed).

Anyway since then, I have been lucky enough to find and join a game syndicate in Northumberland only 40 minutes from my home. We shoot over 300 acres of woodland and put down 2000 poults this year. We've managed to put on 9 days so far, with a further 3 planned. We've had some great days usually shooting a bag in excess of 70 except in some of the worst weather where all we seemed to manage to shoot was rain and clouds. My cocker pup is also coming along slowly and I have high hopes for him next season.

How are all your seasons going so far?

• 2 weeks later...

36% so far, got a clear up day Monday, would expect to finish at about 38%. Somewhat down on last years excellent result. To warm, birds up every big hedgerow instead of in drives, that and a lads day at Xmas that saw a lot of lead flying but not a lot of it lethal. Highly enjoyable though as always.

Season 16-17 starts next week !!, be getting the traps out soon.

A

Edited by Alycidon