Layvale English sporting 28gr 7.5

Evening lads hope all is well.

Bought 2 slabs of these today to try out as a clay cartridge, Put a couple through earlier and they seem to burn clean enough, anyone use these much? And what are your thiughts?

Been using a lot of layvale pigeon specials at the minute and special game and been very impressed with them so far

Cheers rob

Great cartridge and they were a good price as well, Ive just finished the 1000 i had, they were great on the crows, Ive just bought 1000 Lyalvale pigeon power 29g 6 to try out as they were on special.

Don't tell anyone you used them on live quarry.

Why not? If range is kept sensible a 28gram 7.5 shot will kill very cleanly.

I use clay loads for my pigeon and pest shooting regulary at sensible ranges to great affect.

And would challenge anyone to say you cant when in fact you can

I use 7.5 myself, and they work very well. Some others simply won't believe it, though.

Don't tell anyone you used them on live quarry.

Why not they were a great cartridge and had no problem killing birds, I do quite a bit game shooting ducks pheasants partridge etc and wouldn't turn up with them, I started using them as they came recommended from someone who does a lot of pest control, pigeons crows etc, when I went to purchase them the lad in the shop said a lot of pigeon shooters were using them, as I said above I have only bought the 29g 6 because they were on special and I thought I would try them, If they're no good I'll go back to the English sporter 28g 7.5 for the crows and pigeons.

Why not they were a great cartridge and had no problem killing birds, I do quite a bit game shooting ducks pheasants partridge etc and wouldn't turn up with them, I started using them as they came recommended from someone who does a lot of pest control, pigeons crows etc, when I went to purchase them the lad in the shop said a lot of pigeon shooters were using them, as I said above I have only bought the 29g 6 because they were on special and I thought I would try them, If they're no good I'll go back to the English sporter 28g 7.5 for the crows and pigeons.

See above post!

Have been using them, (plastic wad) on the clays for a few years now, clean burning, clean kills on all targets at JJ’s and Dartford and at a good price. I have a plastic butt plate on my gun and I find that the recoil is more than acceptable, a very good cartridge at the price in my view. :good:

• 1 year later...

I use 7.5 myself, and they work very well. Some others simply won't believe it, though.

hello, i do not do as much pigeon shooting now but if you use them ie 7,5 28g defined for clays and looking at your numbers shot i can only say a big well done :good: i use them to :)

Edited by oldypigeonpopper