BASC NORTHERN

essox022

Hi can anyone shed any further light on what is happening at BASC northern I have heard most of the team including Alistair Mitchell and Sam have resigned and tales of corporate bullying doing the rounds if its true that Alister has left it is a sad day for wildfowlers in Northumberland

+1....I have not heard anything about it bud....corporate bulling is everywhere these days!...seems as thought its always the basc northern were the faces change on a regular basis...I would like to know peoples veiws on there Marsh wardens...hmmm!

which wardens do you mean?

Hi can anyone shed any further light on what is happening at BASC northern I have heard most of the team including Alistair Mitchell and Sam have resigned and tales of corporate bullying doing the rounds if its true that Alister has left it is a sad day for wildfowlers in Northumberland

I disagree he voiced his support to me about killing summer greylag and complained about how much pull fowlers had in basc on this matter

+1....I have not heard anything about it bud....corporate bulling is everywhere these days!...seems as thought its always the basc northern were the faces change on a regular basis...I would like to know peoples veiws on there Marsh wardens...hmmm!

Am not sure of the reasoning for your last sentence. It looks to me like a misguided dig or implied critisism of someone who does an awful lot for the fowling community. I think you should be a bit more careful with your choice of words on a public forum where things can be misunderstood or used for the wrong ends.

Edited by grahamch

Like most other big organisations in this country they think england is an hours drive from london north and after that it doesnt exist.

Yet marford mill is in Chester Cheshire in the north of England and is basc headquarters obviously most staff will be from the north including ali and many others transplanted to live here

Yet marford mill is in Chester Cheshire in the north of England and is basc headquarters obviously most staff will be from the north including ali and many others transplanted to live here

Marford mill !

195 mile south of me.

London is 290 mile south of me.

Thanks for proving my point.

Marford Mill is at Rosset near Wrexham which is located in North Wales.

webber

Am not sure of the reasoning for your last sentence. It looks to me like a misguided dig or implied critisism of someone who does an awful lot for the fowling community. I think you should be a bit more careful with your choice of words on a public forum where things can be misunderstood or used for the wrong ends.

please point out my choice of words you think are misguided if you would...seems to me like your inuendo is misguided brains yes brains!!...at no point do I have a dig at anyone and if you mean Colin then I will have you know that I get along with him just fine and have known him for quite a few years now I have no complaints!!! I asked how other fowlers get along with there wardens as you never hear fowlers putting there comments forward,and if its a dig at basc which I have not done anyway then it would be none of your ....... business!! I think it's you who needs to get your house in order and also stay off my radio waves silly man!!!!!!

please point out my choice of words you think are misguided if you would...seems to me like your inuendo is misguided brains yes brains!!...at no point do I have a dig at anyone and if you mean Colin then I will have you know that I get along with him just fine and have known him for quite a few years now I have no complaints!!! I asked how other fowlers get along with there wardens as you never hear fowlers putting there comments forward,and if its a dig at basc which I have not done anyway then it would be none of your ....... business!! I think it's you who needs to get your house in order and also stay off my radio waves silly man!!!!!!

Ihink you have misunderstood my point and can see no point in a reply to you or futher debate on your post.

Edited by grahamch

I myself think for what it is worth that Colin does a good job, at times he is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea as he has to deal with not only wildfowlers but all visitors to the reserve and has to justify to these visitors why we shoot wildfowl, a great many of these visitors can not grasp the fact we shoot ducks and geese to eat, you only have to look in the visitors book at Fenham-le-moor to see the way these visitors look upon our wildfowling.I for one appreciate we have a guy up there that through his vast experiance of wildfowling can explain to these people why we go wildfowling and that permit money is used in a positive way Colin also provides an information service to us the permit holders, would we prefer a young girl doing the job from nature England I think not!

I myself think for what it is worth that Colin does a good job, at times he is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea as he has to deal with not only wildfowlers but all visitors to the reserve and has to justify to these visitors why we shoot wildfowl, a great many of these visitors can not grasp the fact we shoot ducks and geese to eat, you only have to look in the visitors book at Fenham-le-moor to see the way these visitors look upon our wildfowling.I for one appreciate we have a guy up there that through his vast experiance of wildfowling can explain to these people why we go wildfowling and that permit money is used in a positive way Colin also provides an information service to us the permit holders, would we prefer a young girl doing the job from nature England I think not!

Here here.

Blackpowder

I never said Colin wasn't doing a good job,you asked what wardens was I on about in previous post and I replied all wardens not just my warden who I named as Colin and never gave his surname and I figured you were a Fowler at lindisfarne so I said Colin because I never knew if he is the warden for the tweed that's all I said but some other Fowler from up were we fowl I hasten to add has decided between himself that I am slagging off Colin which I am not,I have good relationship with him and no issues at all!! Don't look like an explanation off the said "Fowler" is coming!!

Smashing I am shure Colin has a lot of support was just adding my support I am not shure if there is a marsh warden on the tweed however I am shure there will be bailifs keeping an eye on it for any one without a permit using it, lets all try and sick together and protect what shore we have.