Hands up if you've been waiting more than six months for a renewal

fortune

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after forgetting to put any ammo down for my variation with my renewal and having to return my ticket, I received a text today saying it will be through the letter box in the morning.. can't complain about that.

wow. that's how it should be. shame that it isn't the general rule. I was told ( managed to speak to someone about it) that if I had a s7 then to carry on as normal. there was no statement as to what month of last year they are doing at the mo and I just got to wait until my number comes up. their just not communicating with anyone about this. It could be within the next 6 months or another extension s7 would be issued.

Edited by fortune

While not particularly recent (2 years ago), my last SGC took 9 months to be issued. I hear the situation hasn't improved at all. The main problem here (Lincolnshire) is that the licensing department is run by G4S... speaks volumes eh?

In that case they have probably all escaped then !

Today a message has been put on the phone system by the firearms dept that basically states that if you are waiting for a cert, a S7 is being issued and that SUBSTANTIAL DELAYS can be expected. And that the recipients have got to wait and will be dealt with in due course. The fact that the department is now issuing S7's isn't helping the fact that the staff can only do so much work in a day. Having to issue S7's may be the lawful thing to do but is akin to having to paint the house pink because they haven't got the time to paint it blue. I have been told who they blame for this situation but I'm not going to publish this information on here. The fact is there aren't enough trained personnel and money in the system to make it work. They talk about ten year certs but all that will do is create a surge of apps ten years down the line. meanwhile a lot of people including me will have to wait. Why is it that some forces are quick and others take forever. police authorities should be pressured by the orgs to get and do something about this situation. the value of the certificate has been devalued because possibly more than 20% of the term has been frozen because the recipient hasn't been able to buy ammunition to use. Again the orgs aren't a lot of good because they have no more influence than any jack, off of the street. if they had any sway then they should show their hand along with any feos that may read this forum and be a bit more transparent as to what the true state of play is. still that wont happen because this is the way the game is played.

Hi Rimmie just saw your post. happy new hunting (Year) ground and best wishes to you.

Hi Dave, I had a quantity of .410 carts off of you. You only got that cert because your so close that they made a paper aeroplane out of it and threw it down the road. It's not fair I've been waiting months more than you. how long ago did you get your visit?

Edited by fortune

I'm not sure where I stand I was told my SGC was renewed on the renewal date 16th Dec 2015, but it would not be issued until the FEO could do his inspection, in the meantime I was told to carry on shooting, if stopped, the information is on the National Database, with regards to buying cartridges they asked if I could buy them on my mates certificate, I'm selling one of my guns soon suppose I will have to wait for the SGC.

Mick

Hi Dave, I had a quantity of .410 carts off of you. You only got that cert because your so close that they made a paper aeroplane out of it and threw it down the road. It's not fair I've been waiting months more than you. how long ago did you get your visit?

Hi did not get a vist it just got sent

:)

Hi did not get a vist it just got sent

:)

Hi Dave. Are you sure it's a cert that you've got and not a S7. S7's look very, very much like a cert but at the top there are a pair of black boxes. the left box has either >> Shot gun cert and the S7 has permit to possess shot guns. The right hand corner box has either section 2 or section 7 in the wording. good on you if you've got a cert but as far as I know home visits are mandatory. At first I thought that my tickets had come through, only to be disappointed when I looked a bit closer. I thought it was a bit strange that I had been issued without a visit but I put it down to the work load. I continue to wait.

Congratulations. That's great news. I hope that this will signal a more Speady issuing of certificates. It's still not fair. My application was in months before yours. Still I wait with patience until the tickets or the inspection arrive. Good job I've got stocks and the ability to carry on pretty much as normal.

Posted my SGC renewal on a Friday at the end of November last year, got a call the following Tuesday to arrange a visit on the Friday of the same week the guy came out on the Friday as had been arranged checked my security guns and handed me my new certificate there and then. So it took just a week! well done Leicestershire Constabulary, I've been dealing with them for 35 years and never had any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Feo finally round today for a address change and variation. Had taken 3 months !!!!!!!!

Hi.Rimmie. well its taken that long to get a visit for an address change and variation so did you get any indication of how long it might be before you are going to get the altered cert in your hand and are able to get out and get a new tool? What new tool have you put a variation in for?

So how are all you people with S7s coping with ammunition as it is not legal to hold S5 expanding ammunition on a Section 7 are you just shooting with solid or match ammo.If you are shooting deer on a section 7 one way or other you are breaking the law

Edited by geordieh

They say that you are in the system and carry on as normal. If they take that view they aren't going to do you for it because it is their fault that the certs can't be issued. No mention of what you are supposed to do with ammunition that you have got in stock whether it is full rounds or tips to reload. I bet that would shift the certs if the department suddenly started getting claims for housing weapons and ammunition at rfds until the new cert was issued. I have heard that There is a proposal that in future the renewal forms are going to be issued 12 weeks in advance and if they aren't back in by 8 weeks before the certs expiry date that the applicant will be told that they will have to lodge them in with an RFD at cost. I can see this being challenged.