Rat Pack Shelf Life ?

wascal

If it's tinned and the tin's in good nick then the food within should also be OK.

Not that I have any in depth knowledge of the food industry but our store cupboards have food of a similar vintage................

Generally your nose will tell you whether food's edible or not, certain cheeses and vegetables excepted.

I think it's time for a trip to Tescos if that's all you have in your cupboard.

We have too much in the cupboard ! I'm trying to convince swmbo that she needs to go to Tesco less

Use the stuff in the cupboard before it runs out, not buying more .

I know that they are somewht conservative with there use before dates on issue food... that is pushing it a bit though!

But as above if you have the stomach for it and it smells/ looks ok why not... Hell I now realise that there is a good chance I ate tapeworm infested Rabbit thisevening!

J

There speaks a man who has never eaten compo. You could have the bloody flux and still burst all the blood vessels in your eyes and face trying to have a dump after eating that.

OP, its compo. Eat it, it will be fine.

on exersise with crows in Brecon....used to stear clear of compo...and "manhole " cover bisuits...as i enjoyed exersising my bowels more than once a fortnight :oops: .....mind you in the early '70's i ate some tinned beef dripping that had WD marks on the tin WD1945..........seemed fine to me

Recently I was up in the attic getting the decorating stuff and came across a survival pack from the 60's,all still intact. I didn't throw it out because some museum might like it. I remember that the cheese block was rank and rancid when compo packs were new. Some of the stuff was OK but you could use the biscuits as armour plate on a flack jacket. They had to be well dunked in the tea to soften them or you'd be paying a visit to the dentist.

Recently I was up in the attic getting the decorating stuff and came across a survival pack from the 60's,all still intact. I didn't throw it out because some museum might like it. I remember that the cheese block was rank and rancid when compo packs were new. Some of the stuff was OK but you could use the biscuits as armour plate on a flack jacket. They had to be well dunked in the tea to soften them or you'd be paying a visit to the dentist.

ooohhhh wernt we spoilt....you had body armour......closest thing to body armour i had was 18 dernier tights and army issue "y" fronts.....