skinners duck and rice sensertive

jcbbracken

I'm having a nightmare with my lab and his gutt, sometimes his trumps are eye watering !

His stools are ok until he gets exited (eg walks) I dread taking him for a walk because it's like porridge coming out the back end ! I've tried changing food with no joy

I have a similar problem (liquid poo) with my young lab (except for nasty farts) and have to resort to white fish fillets and boiled rice to firm her up again. My next one to try is a grain free fish based food. I think its made by countrykibble. Ill take a week to wean her onto it nice and slow.

To the OP, a chap I was talking to today who has a team of springers swears by skinners and says its one of only a few which humans can eat safely too,

just changed from chudleys classic to skinners duck and rice my 3 year old lab is working much better on this food recovers much quiker from a work out

Ditto.

Changed both of our dogs onto it - partly because one was too sensitive for other foods. I guess you get what you pay for.

Energy levels are certainly high.

Not sure I fancy having a nibble on it though....

• 2 weeks later...

Our young lab had gluten allergy - quite common we now realise - and moved to Skinners duck/salmon with rice and problem over. Yes it was very messy before the change and hard to get weight on dog but now she looks lovely. We now feed two terriers, a cocker and lab on same food and all thriving. So Mr Skinner can we have a free bag or two?? Anyone looked at same style food in Pets at Home - they have same style food at £70 a bag. Similar formula. Who buys this stuff?

My ESS was on Skinners and for a while he was fine but his wind was awful and the stools where soft to watery. I then moved him onto MILLIES WOLFHEART which has no cereals and he now has less wind and the stools are very firm. Yes they get softer when he is working but this my vet said was normal....... Millies have a good range of food and I have to say it seems to have sorted him out a treat.....