FAC meeting

Billett

There are several threads along these lines. Here is one I started. >>. http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/328528-hands-up-if-youve-been-waiting-more-than-six-months-for-a-renewal/

Have a read through. I would like the meeting but I have no idea when this will be. As I am speaking with people about this the more it seems to get worse. I can see people being issued consecutive S7's just to comply. Total underfunded shambles.

As to how long you can expect to wait, it rather depends on your 'good reason'.

If it's for target shooting, and you're a full member of a club, then there is no reason for any lengthy delay.

However if it's for pest control, and if land needs to be 'passed' as well, then it could take quite a while yet.

Dont worry about it. It isn't the Spanish Inquisition. All they want to do is see your situation and your suitability. When he is in the area he will be looking at the general area then the security of you property EG have you got windows and doors? in regard to security. When he arrives, is the back door locked or have you wandered off down the garden and left the door open. Is there a dog that barks and gives his presence away, Ect, Ect. where are the guns going to be stored? how safe is that location? Do you come across as a reasonably "Normal" person >> Whatever that is. Where are you going to use these toys? What are you going to do with them and have you got an idea of the lethality of the tool? Are you a loud mouthed loon that is shooting out of the kitchen window with an air rifle? In a nutshell he has to satisfy himself that you are a safe and responsible person to be allowed to hold weapons without endangering the general public and that you have valid reason. If you have an air rifle in the house and children make sure that it is away or under lock and key and they they aren't randomly shooting with it. Worst case scenario is that child walks back into house with next doors cat that he has just shot whilst feo is on visit. >> and you saying "That's my boy. f g cats". He wont have all day to spend so it will be a situation of get job done and go. Luck and cups of tea don't come into it nor should they.

PS dont tell him your life history just answer the relevant questions and don't start arguing about things. cos he will win.