Penderyn single malt

hambone

Enjoy a drop occasionally, certainly no connoisseur but can't stand Penderyn!

Just had something that put me off straight away.

Edd

I felt the same mate, I know we all have different tastes, but the medira cask Penderyn didn't do anything for me, I wouldn't buy it again,

But the mood when supped always seems to influence a nice malt, I love Caolila but others don't, it's horses for courses

As long as hambone enjoyed it, it's all that matters

Atb

Flynny

• 2 weeks later...

im not a whiskey drinker but do like my vodka and as the distillery is fairly local to me bought a bottle to try, at 43% its only a tad stronger than other vodkas but I I found it to strong for my liking and couldn't drink it without adding a mixer which is a shame as its not a cheap vodka, lidls is a strong favourite now and will take some beating for the price

• 1 month later...

I bought a bottle of this around five or six months ago. Bloody awfull stuff, very harsh and not very nice taste or finish. It's in the cabinet for guests who I don't want drinking my good stuff.

It's a shame as I think it's great that more distilleries are opening.

For the price it's just not good enough, there are far better Malts in the same price range.

• 3 months later...

A few weeks ago, 4 of us out for dinner. At the end, have a good look at the whisky, and we all decide to have a measure, as we're all drinking and have a taxi booked.

Now, we all tried Penderyn a few years ago, and found it to be terrible. Hence my remark earlier in this thread about Domestos being a cheaper alternative.

Anyway, we've all heard people say how much they like the stuff, so we wonder if we've been a little bit harsh on it, or had a poor bottle, and decide to give it another go.

So, we order a measure of it, along with our other drinks, to give it a fair crack of the whip.

The result : We all still think it's terrible. As one of us remarked "It's like Bells without the class"

• 4 weeks later...