Pellets for FAC Rapid

Adamo

I have the above mentioned rifle on its way and was wondering if there are any other pellets you can use that dont explode when fired down the barrel other than Bisley Magnum/Barracuda.

Also I hear Theoben only do one stock option for the mk1, is there anyone that sells different ones? I fancy the tyrolean.

Adamo,

I have a Rapid MK1 tyrolean stock FAC at 30ftlbs which I found second hand and I use Air Arms .22 hunter pellets as I think they're lighter than magnums and yet strong enough to withstand the power, as a result the trajectory is flatter and the gun is very accurate.

The tyrolean stocks, I believe they do not make them anymore but there are a few customised stocks occasionally for sale in the Airgun mags.

As for the gun itself you have chosen the best in FAC format i reckon, I had a Superten for instance which at FAC level gave few shots and was like a brick. The theoben is lighter, more shots and the magazines are better. Having had a 12ftlbs AA S410, a great looking gun, I was not happy to have to say goodbye to it for a buddy bottle type gun, but the theoben performs very well and I have become accustomed to the ugly look and have bagged more bunnies. <_<

Hi there laddie, i have the rapid mk I in Fac with the 19" barrel in .22, i mainly use Bisley mags as they are about the best for most situations. I did use AA hunters but i find they are not just as accurate at 40 yds plus and tho they are flatter shooting, the bisley mags are perfect,perhaps the AA hunters would suit a lower power like 26ftlbs or so,I know the work well in my Prosport at 17.5ftlbs.My advice is give both a try to see what you prefer but a heavier pellet is more efficient in a pcp rifle.

clanchief

I think them new .20 pellets are fine at FAC power, they are a good bit heavier than a lot of the ones out there, they weigh near 16 grains I think.

BTW Anthony, have you tried Eley Magnum in the Rapid? They look very long so I dont know if theyd fit in the mag.

Adamo,

I have not tried the Eley Magnums, yet as I am so impressed with the AA Hunters,

The Eley Magnums may fit in the mags but i'm not sure you will have to try.

anyway good luck with your new gun and I'm sure you will like it.

Does it come with the Vortex silencer? I added it as the noise on FAC is another draw back, but the noise of the pellet striking the rabbits skull is far louder.

Also I have found that the Rapid FAC performs very well on pigeons and hits hard from most angles.