Driven Pheasant at Powis Castle with distraction of 7 year old son

Duffryn

your best one yet IMHO , great to see you spending time with your son but i do get the feeling you may of edited a bit out :whistling::good:

I'll admit this video was heavily edited on the first drive. My Mrs was going to watch the video and I was scared. There is a section where I said for ***** sake......, then **** I've missed another one. Jacob responds with " you just said a naughty word begining with a big S" (thankfully he totally missed the F word). I responded with "I'm sorry" to which he responds with "I'm going to tell Mum about that you saying the S word and I'm going to tell her that I saw you having a cigarette behind the landrover as well". I'll post the clip in a couple of weeks time when I'm sure the Mrs has lost interest in my channel.

So, this is the newbie again: from http://www.powiscastleshoot.co.uk/I see 33+VAT per bird, 150 to 300 bits per shoot. It's not very clear at /all/ how much you pay. Do you need to team up with '6-10' others, and therefore the price per gun is roughly 500 quid?

Sorry to sound like a newb, I AM ONE :-)

Typically you shot as a team of 7-10 guns, If its a 200 bird day the cost will be anything between £6-£9K divided by the number of guns. Some shoots will have days where they allow single guns to form a team though in my experience these can be hit and miss because the sporting nature of shooting can sometimes go out of the window and you end up paying for some idiots shooting. Within reason what really matters is the number of shots you take on a day not the number of birds. EG I would much rather have a 100 bird day me firing 100 shots fired than a 200 bird day with me firing a 100 shots. Hope this helps ?

I'll admit this video was heavily edited on the first drive. My Mrs was going to watch the video and I was scared. There is a section where I said for ***** sake......, then **** I've missed another one. Jacob responds with " you just said a naughty word begining with a big S" (thankfully he totally missed the F word). I responded with "I'm sorry" to which he responds with "I'm going to tell Mum about that you saying the S word and I'm going to tell her that I saw you having a cigarette behind the landrover as well". I'll post the clip in a couple of weeks time when I'm sure the Mrs has lost interest in my channel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know exactly what you mean, I've taken my 6yr old son a few times this season he loves it but the constant talking and figiting plays hell with my shooting. I wouldn't have it any other way and would like to take him all the time, but luckily he plays football a lot of Saturday's.