Breaking/scrapping a semi auto 12g

roy8762

Is there a reason you are having trouble putting it back together?

I would guess selling it off a bit at a time would be more trouble than its worth, as far as i know all the pressure bearing parts would have to be put on to the buyers ticket (could be wrong)

Edited by bluesj

Can't get the mag springs back in- it's an old gun and I'm loosing the will to live over it!!!!

i'm sure a decent gun shop would sort that out over a brew,parts are cheap so can't see the need to scrap it ,far to much hassle.

Edited by Remimax

The gun is well worn, I've had it for sale and it's not sold so I just want to strip it down sell the stock barel and for end, it's got a sling in it, the end cap with the swivel fits my fabarm semi auto so the rest of it can be junked....... How do I go about this????

you could probably sell everything but the barrel and the receiver and take them to a gunsmith for destruction or hand in at local cop shop but get a receipt... either way.most gun shops have "scrap pile"some sell to exporter by the kilo others chop them up and weigh them in

You can take to a police station for destruction or hand it to your visiting officer next renewal.

Why are you struggling with a mag spring?

Shouldn't be hard.

Is it as simple as that to get rid of a worn out/kn.....ered shotgun? Do you have to make an appointment at the police station?

Is it as simple as that to get rid of a worn out/kn.....ered shotgun? Do you have to make an appointment at the police station?

I just turned up, asked if they can, said yes. Fetched them from the car.

Filled some forms. Got a deceit, bye bye.

I have also handed in pistols that folk have given me to the visiting officer when he can pop around.

I also gave him a shotgun once too.

The barrels not worn out it's a 28in the whole gun was originally a cammo model- I bought bit from a dealer up country, it was black..... But badly painted black...... I'm going to keep the end cap/sling and swivel it had fitted, the stock fore end and barrel will be sold on. Only problem us the choke is seized in the end I've not tried hard to free it to be honest,

The barrels not worn out it's a 28in the whole gun was originally a cammo model- I bought bit from a dealer up country, it was black..... But badly painted black...... I'm going to keep the end cap/sling and swivel it had fitted, the stock fore end and barrel will be sold on. Only problem us the choke is seized in the end I've not tried hard to free it to be honest,

Hiya, I had one too with a stuck choke, very hard to get out.the previous owner had used molegrips on it...:( It still shot ok tho......IMHO, I'd take it to yer RFD, get it rebuilt and sell it on here, with a good honest description, mine sold for £80...:)

Update- after a lot of swearing, springs flying all over the room the ******* thing is back together! Took it over the farm whacked : half a dozen s hots thro it and it works! .... Off to buy a lottery ticket and decide what to do with it now! Tbh I'm going to take the poor black paint off of it all- it seems it's (very worn) cammo under the paint!

• 2 weeks later...

Update- after a lot of swearing, springs flying all over the room the ******* thing is back together! Took it over the farm whacked : half a dozen s hots thro it and it works! .... Off to buy a lottery ticket and decide what to do with it now! Tbh I'm going to take the poor black paint off of it all- it seems it's (very worn) cammo under the paint!

Excellent, well done for persevering. Shame to scrap a working gun even if it is rough around the edges.