Beaters day

Bigstu84

Hi all, hope you all had a good season. I had my first beaters day the weekend just gone and I have another one this Saturday. I had a great day and shot some nice birds but anything that was straight over my head got a two barrel salute and flew on by! Now I have no trouble shooting straight driven clays off a tower so what's the deal. Any advice would be welcome, I would like to try and make dividens next weekend!!

As above, take them quickly I had trouble a few years back and after getting onto them quicker I'm shooting much better.

A high bird fan I shoot with occasionaly swears to me that you should shoot high birds at 12 o'clock however no idea if this is the case or not.

Edited by Nmb

As above, take them quickly I had trouble a few years back and after getting onto them quicker I'm shooting much better.

A high bird fan I shoot with occasionaly swears to me that you should shoot high birds at 12 o'clock however no idea if this is the case or not.

What do you do for the rest of the day though ?

Yeah I have to shut one eye at the last second. I try and keep both eyes open as long as possible. When taking them further out are you swinging right through the bird or just blotting it out with the barrel?

Thought so , in theory you come though the bird loose it out of sight and never see lead . i have the same problem and stand slightly side on so it becomes a slight crosser ;)