first use of the silo sock pigeon hyper flap decoy wotsit me flapper

Ira

Ive been out the past couple of weekends over rape, my buddy bought a couple of silo sock hyper flap pigeon decoys to go on my rotary,he said "give these a go and see what you reckon"

I was impressed the first outing we shot 26 before the cold got to the battery and the second outing we shot 21.

I am shooting like a complete "curse" at the moment so the bags should have been bigger but once the fog lifted last week they were committing from a long way out, in my my limited humble opinion they definitely do the trick and I now own a pair of these strange looking deeks. I think I need a bigger battery!!

Does any one consider using longer bars on the rotary worth the hassle, and what would be the optimum length?

Which rotary are you using?

I use a UKShootWareHouse Lightweight and it comes with a pair of extensions that slip over the drive head arms.

At the bottom of the page.

http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

My rotary uses a motor from an old Discovery, its worked really well back on the peas last year, I just think the smaller 12V don't last especially when the cold hits em and they have had a bit of use, (they were only a tenner each!) I am sure the rotary will cope with extra length arms, its more a question of whether it actually draws the birds better by the pair on the rotary being further away from each other, I am struggling to see that it would as they only need to be seeing that movement?

I bought a couple of hypa's last year, only thing I did notice when they were on my magnet arms which are quite flexible they gave the impression of a bird swooping/ flaring which was not giving them confidence to commit. Going to try them on some more rigid arms that I have, apart from that heck of a bit of kit, well impressed with them.