Fishin', how much and what's needed?

rodp

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just taking photo's of my fishing gear as its up for sale. All you need and decent gear to. Shame your not up my neck of the woods as £50 would have fully kitted both of you out. Mind you there's only one tackle box so it could be cheek to cheek. :friends:

• 2 weeks later...

The Black Country is the centre of the universe as far as canal fishing is concerned and they are often free,they are in my area.Put together a simple float set up and you should catch most species of coarse fish, it's the way people used to start before the advent of muddy holes in the ground full of carp. Give it a try you've got nothing to lose.

ATB

Edited by Geo

• 3 weeks later...

Guys can we not all do a bit better for this newbe?

I'll chip in with a rod. Not the best by any means but it will be enough to either put the Mrs off, or whet her appetite for more, when you can decide whether to spend a bit of money or not.

Sod it, I'll find a reel as well.

The deal is that the rod and reel will be free and I'll pay the postage. In return, you match the postage cost with a donation to a charity of my choice, plus post an occasional catch report.

If like me, everyone has a bit of preloved gear in the loft, I'm sure we can kit Mr and Mrs Rodp out and raise a couple of quid at the same time.

So to get it going, Rodp I'll offer a rod and reel and my charity is Mencap........deal?

Regards

Iaindp

Iain, just watched (earlier) river monsters and it occurred to me there was supposed to be something coming, so I mentioned it to the wife. "Oh yes, that came, it's under the stairs she said" :hmm: So I had a look, and yes, it's still wrapped and under the stairs :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I shall make a donation to your preferred charity which is Mencap I believe, and I'll unwrap the goodies :good:

Cheers buddy