Constructive dismissal!

Underdog

It is a tough one mate! When I worked in a company that had new bully managers in it was a nightmare and we didn't like it. Next thing they totally fabricated a story about me "harassing" someone and apparently because I have them my number it was sexual harassment 😳

Funny cos on the day of the allegation I was in the dentists!

I said to them we should get the police involved, they said that wouldn't be appropriate and I informed them is already involved them as its slander and a very serious allegation.

Next thing the person disappeared. Obviously had one of their mates make it up. I got two months gardening leave off them (within two weeks had a job abroad and was in lanzarote) so chin up mate! You could be abroad sorting out Scandinavian blondes this time next week (hopefully the females but each there own 😝) lol

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tough one mate! When I worked in a company that had new bully managers in it was a nightmare and we didn't like it. Next thing they totally fabricated a story about me "harassing" someone and apparently because I have them my number it was sexual harassment 😳

Funny cos on the day of the allegation I was in the dentists!

I said to them we should get the police involved, they said that wouldn't be appropriate and I informed them is already involved them as its slander and a very serious allegation.

Next thing the person disappeared. Obviously had one of their mates make it up. I got two months gardening leave off them (within two weeks had a job abroad and was in lanzarote) so chin up mate! You could be abroad sorting out Scandinavian blondes this time next week (hopefully the females but each there own 😝) lol

Nice one, lol

Just catching up on this, and wanted to clarify a point so that I understand it correctly.

From what you have written and the impression I'm getting is that a colleague got "in you face" and you pushed him away. You've now been sacked because the manager, who only heard half the story, has an issue with you and basically threw the book at you?

If this is the case then surely you were acting in self defence, and as a natural reflex to someone getting aggressive to you, you pushed them away. You also state you have witnesses to the fact that it was self defence. Now depending on the circumstances of how you pushed them away, ie followed by a fist or whatever, if it was simply a push away and they bumped into something, then you have a clear case to appeal.

Yes you do have the right to appeal, doesn't matter how long you have worked there, if there is an issue within the work place then you still have rights as a worker within their employment.

Now the issue, how is your line manager regarded by the senior management (is this manager best buddies with the MD and therefore an appeal to the MD will be biased), how were you regarded within the business, has there been a history within the business of you having issues, have you been underperforming hence them having an excuse to get rid of you at the first opportunity, is business on a downturn. Lots of questions, but this does appear to me to go deeper than just pushing someone away.

My advise would be to send the letter of appeal into the business, with a firm understanding that you require a fair and impartial review of the circumstances around the incident, with an opportunity to discuss with an impartial referee who will be looking at the case to ensure your side of the story is heard (as it seems only one side has been listened too)

Fight it, you can only lose, but you must make sure you offer facts which you can backup with physical evidence and witness statements.

Just my 2p's worth!

Steve

Steve.

I work fast and to a high standard.

There is no history with manager just that the new manager has no idea of what was required of him. In other words he clearly was incompetent in his role and resented anyone that asked questions!! Necessary questions I must add!

My appeal is in and I just received word said manager is leaving this week!