Six Nations

guest1957

Wales forgot to bring their passion to the game,5 minutes at the end of the game doesn't make up for the poor show in the first 75 min.
Don't know why it happened but Wales were disappointing,and England capitalised on it.
The final score does not tell the true story of the game.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales forgot to bring their passion to the game,5 minutes at the end of the game doesn't make up for the poor show in the first 75 min.

Don't know why it happened but Wales were disappointing,and England capitalised on it.

The final score does not tell the true story of the game.

It certainly doesn't!

I invited a couple of exciled Welsh lads to the game and they couldn't believe how poorly Wales played in the first half.

We had some more beer at half time and agreed it would we a game of two halves which is how it turned out.

I've just watched the ITV version and Cole deserved to be sin binned but England changes were wrong at this time of the game.

Superb occasion and lots of great banter with the lads from Wales.

ew5.jpg

Edited by Whitebridges

Did anyone else think the ITV commentary was unbelievably biased towards the Welsh? it just seemed to be relentless without great Wales and their players can be!

You can say that again!!!

Did anyone else think the ITV commentary was unbelievably biased towards the Welsh? it just seemed to be relentless without great Wales and their players can be!

Fantastic weekend of sport - England winning the Rugby (now we need the Grand Slam), Norwich didn't lose footy, Man City didn't win, Chelsea got stuffed (& Costa red carded - dirty player) and Man U Still in the FA Cup. We need Leicester to win tonight to round off my w/e. I found myself watch Soccer on the iPad at the same time as RU on big TV - and as you have probably guessed wife not to be seen. The only downside is we are on a bit of a middle aged 'alcohol free' time so didn't have a single beer.

I'm glad you said it walshie, it's been the same for years, this last world cup no different.

When England got knocked out all the English fans got behind the Welsh, Irish or Scots but as soon as England do well the usual suspects (not the Irish) start missing and poaning, wishing failure on the English side. Particularly noticeable this year. Quite predictably sad really.

I have recently adopted the mirror attitude of 'anyone but the Scots', in any sporting event, so tired have I become of the predictable vitriol. I may now have to extend the sentiment to the Welsh. Which would be a shame, I spent much of my childhood in the Rhondda.

Didn't Scotland play refreshingly well on Sunday in their WHITE kit, coincidence?

Edited by mick miller

I'm glad you said it walshie, it's been the same for years, this last world cup no different.

When England got knocked out all the English fans got behind the Welsh, Irish or Scots but as soon as England do well the usual suspects (not the Irish) start missing and poaning, wishing failure on the English side. Particularly noticeable this year. Quite predictably sad really.

I have recently adopted the mirror attitude of 'anyone but the Scots', in any sporting event, so tired have I become of the predictable vitriol. I may now have to extend the sentiment to the Welsh. Which would be a shame, I spent much of my childhood in the Rhondda.

Didn't Scotland play refreshingly well on Sunday in their WHITE kit, coincidence?

It really irked me to want Scotland to win yesterday because they ensured whatever happens next week, England will win the 6 Nations.

I actually live in Wales, but I'm English to the core and after losing to Wales in the World Cup, it was hell here for several weeks with the gloating. After Saturday it's either "We scored more tries than you" or total silence. I prefer the silence. :lol:

That's 3 years on the trot we've beaten Wales in the 6 nations now.

Bad losers, TERRIBLE winners. :good:

I USED to back the others when England went out but once I learnt about the depth of resentment. I find I even backed France yesterday when the Scottish win meant England getting the title . I do not feel we need support from elsewhere . The dumbest thing is when you see they have spent £40 on the oppositions shirt .

There was a picture going round Facebarf etc. before the Eng - Wal game, something to the effect of:

What do you call a Welshman with champagne after the Eng - Wales game?

A waiter!

Glad it turned out to be true :)

Edited by sandspider

Hogg has been fantastic

Good to see garland dismissing the Marler "Gipsy Boy" incident as banter especially as Lee is apparently proud of his heritage. You can't be proud to be a Gipsy and yet offended when somebody calls you one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35816178

Marler might still get banned for the 'forearm' incident though.

Update - and no action to be taken over either incident - Correctly regarding the "gipsy" incident imho but he is probably lucky regarding the forearm incident (compared with other incidents).

Edited by AVB