Watch how you go!!

aga man

This car was travelling between Market Weighton and South cave in east yokshire this morning, obviously shifting a bit, but little did the driver know four horses had broken loose up the road!

The worst happened and one of the horses took a direct hit from the car.

Amazingly the driver walked away with minor injuries :ermm: The horse wasn't so lucky!

post-57269-0-19876300-1455043171_thumb.jpg

I hope he sues the hell out of the horses owner

And what exactly does that achieve?? Looking at the car he wasnt going slow, and looking at the photo the road looks quite straight. Im not saying this wasn't an awful thing for the driver but it could have been a deer, who would he sue then??? Every road user has to be aware of their surroundings and expect the unexpected.

I hope the driver makes a quick recovery from what ever injuries he/she may of got

Until it happens you don't know. speed is only a minimal factor, put a black stationary block of concrete in a unlit road, and see if you can stop before hitting it. Had a person dressed in black do this to me was well below speed limit for road (A road) and my foot never got to the brake pedal before I struck him, reactions just moved him from centre impact to passenger side. A friend who is a insurance inspector says this is common with horses loose there bearings and get drawn towards lights, said seen some terrible things involving horses very lucky man.

And what exactly does that achieve?? Looking at the car he wasnt going slow, and looking at the photo the road looks quite straight. Im not saying this wasn't an awful thing for the driver but it could have been a deer, who would he sue then??? Every road user has to be aware of their surroundings and expect the unexpected.

I hope the driver makes a quick recovery from what ever injuries he/she may of got

That road is far from straight and even when it is straight you don't have good long range visibility. There are full hedges on each side, the road dips up and down, and there are quite a few nasty bends on it. It is national speed limit, but it isn't a road to plan to do 60 across. Even in a sporty car it is a 40-50 mph range and then slow for the bends. The stretch from Market weighton down to Newbald in particular has bad accidents every other month or so and always some very bad ones. Fortunately in this bad one the driver is okay.

thanks,

rick

If the horse had of been a child what would you say then, driving without due care and attention is what I would call it.

I`d call it a lack of parental responsibility.

If the guy was driving at the speed limit then he was doing nothing wrong and without knowing the full circumstance of the incident it`s impossible to pass judgement.

Was the horse stood in the road or did it bolt out at the last minute? If the former then maybe the incident could have been avoided. If the latter then at 50-60mph it wouldn`t matter how good his reactions were a collision would likely be unavoidable.

That road is far from straight and even when it is straight you don't have good long range visibility. There are full hedges on each side, the road dips up and down, and there are quite a few nasty bends on it. It is national speed limit, but it isn't a road to plan to do 60 across. Even in a sporty car it is a 40-50 mph range and then slow for the bends. The stretch from Market weighton down to Newbald in particular has bad accidents every other month or so and always some very bad ones. Fortunately in this bad one the driver is okay.

thanks,

rick

Thanks for the info, as i dont live anywhere near the area i was only going off the little you can see in the photo.

Still dont get why sueing the owners of the horse will gain anything