Sign in to follow this  
Maxus Hunter

Powder identification

Can someone I'd this powder please, it's out of gamebore supersteel that I got this season, their burning a lot dirtier than lastyears batch,their green shiny square flakes,I'll try and upload a photo later as I'm on my fone atm,all I want to know is it alliant steel like their advertising it is as I'm not convinced tbh

Edited by Maxus Hunter

Thanks for the replies guys,I didn't think the cartridges performed aswell as the last batch either,I'll keep them for the over and under as their just to dirty in the semi auto

It's very hard to identity powder from pictures be careful if home loading cut a couple of grains of the recipe then work you're way up till you reach the sweet spot

If they are advertising they are using alliant steel, and the powder is NOT alliant steel, drop them an email and complain strongly! Inform them of your findings, more dirt, less performance etc, you may well get a good will gesture, Not the two fingered variety though :lol:

Could be anything, why not just ring Gamebore and ask them. Cartridges can quite often have different powders in them if a specific one isn't available at the time of production.