Tar my drive...cost

AberFowl

I have to get mine done too :-(.Does anyone know if there are different grades of tarmac? My right of way passes over a common that has tractors driving over it so i want to get a very hard specification. I have agreed with the owners of the common that i can put large rocks on the edge, which will help. Any thoughts welcome.

It's not the tarmac that takes the brunt of the wear it's how good the sub base is. that's utterly crucial.

Correct

the topping is only as good as what it's laid on, whether it be concrete or blocks etc, you don't build your house on clay do you??? You make sure it has the correct foundations in,

It's all in the prep work

PPPPPP

Flynny

about £6k based on a rough area of 81m2.

Remove existing and lay new sub base, two layers of tarmac and edgings. The most important part is the sub base then correct falls. Acco drains in or needed ? A lot of variables. Don't go cheap you will regret it.

strewth.......prices have gone up..or is that edged with Platinum?

break out existing to approx 18cm. Remove nearly 15 m3 of spoil. Lay new sub base then compact. lay drains assuming no fall to road, bed edgings, lay base coat, lay top coat. round here that's 6k. Unless the client has all their own plant, experienced operatives, insurance, knowledge etc

On the basis of prep mine was block paved some 15yrs ago and has no dips because there was about 18inches of compact hardcore put down.However the neighbour did his himself with about 4inches and although it looked great when he finished.Within 12months it can best be described as a skate park.Prep,prep & prep again