.17hmr doe's it again

kip270

With such a lovely evening i went out with the .17hmr again (will my .22rimmy ever come out of the cabinet :lol: ), i bought a large Owl decoy, so i was hoping to bag some crows, but after an hour nothing.

As i was lying in wait i scanned around with my bins, and spotted a Vixen out on a foray, but a bit out of range for the .17hmr (700 yards) but i noted the time 5.30pm, so i will be out after her soon ;)

There has been a easterly wind for the last two days, so i headed for a small copse that has plenty of signs of Rabbits, but had to go the long way round. Slowly stalking through the gorse i spotted a rabbit, but it was only 22yards away :good: Slowly i took my rifle from my shoulder and then another rabbit came out next to the first one i spotted, i put the cross-hairs on it's head and squeezed the trigger "Thwack" my first rabbit with the .17hmr :good:

IMG00071.jpg

Well done Kip, BUT what are you doing :good:

bought a .17hmr and shooting everything at air rifle ranges :lol:

- come on get some of them crows at 140 yards :lol:

Cheers

AndyCM

I know, it's driving me crazy, but my fieldcraft is spot on :lol::lol:;)

i just come back now with the . 22 and had 7 rabbits.

do the .17 make a lot of noise

Just like a .22 with HV's :lol: With the mod on, but without the mod it's LOUD ;):good:

well done kip did you get a pic of the other side :lol::lol:

Thought i'd better not :lol: Only had my mobile with me as well, so the pics are not that good :/

Well done Kip, BUT what are you doing :good:

bought a .17hmr and shooting everything at air rifle ranges :lol:

- come on get some of them crows at 140 yards :lol:

Cheers

AndyCM

I know, it's driving me crazy, but my fieldcraft is spot on :lol::lol:;)

i just come back now with the . 22 and had 7 rabbits.

do the .17 make a lot of noise

Just like a .22 with HV's :lol: With the mod on, but without the mod it's LOUD ;):good:

well done kip did you get a pic of the other side :lol::lol:

Thought i'd better not :lol: Only had my mobile with me as well, so the pics are not that good :/

thanks kip

I was out last night (dusk) with my hmr, lying out about 100 yards from a large warren.

Shot half a dozen and then "Whoa, what the heck.......". A huge blurred shape filled my scope.

'Twas a rabbit 3 yards away from the scope looking at me thinking "What the chuffin heck is that?".

It had sprinted out of it's burrow 10 yards away and then came to a screeching stop in front of me.

As I was trying to work out the elevation required (what would it be folks?) it dashed back into the burrow with tales of "monsters outside ;):good:

I was out with Gonna Catch a Wabbit last night, and as we got out of the car he picked up my 0.22 rimmy to admire, and two rabbits appeared 20 yards away. He shot them both with one shot and was insufferebale for the rest of the night :lol::good:

Don