Griffin Loyd, Wales

buze

Have been going there for the last 6 months or so (once every few weekends) and can't recommend it enough!

Very relaxed shooting, great variation of targets, plenty of traps to choose, superb vista as well.

There's a nice little 'novice' area when you first go to the sporting section, nice to get your eye in on. Once you start off up the valley, the presentations get more demanding but there's plenty to choose from.

Targets danger from standard, mini, midi and rabbit.

Priced well, free coffee in club house too. It's a cash only premisis so go prepared. Also no food other then some kitkats unless they have a big event on.

They also have ABT / DTL and Skeet setups which host regular compa for those interested.

Well worth a visit in my opinion!

Andy

Have been going there for the last 6 months or so (once every few weekends) and can't recommend it enough!

Very relaxed shooting, great variation of targets, plenty of traps to choose, superb vista as well.

There's a nice little 'novice' area when you first go to the sporting section, nice to get your eye in on. Once you start off up the valley, the presentations get more demanding but there's plenty to choose from.

Targets danger from standard, mini, midi and rabbit.

Priced well, free coffee in club house too. It's a cash only premisis so go prepared. Also no food other then some kitkats unless they have a big event on.

They also have ABT / DTL and Skeet setups which host regular compa for those interested.

Well worth a visit in my opinion!

Andy

Have been to griffin Lloyd with Andy and can only agree with his comments, my favourite ground by far!

I did a round there on Friday. Agree with Andy and Ollie's post.

Best layout around. Only problem take plenty of shells.

In the time I have shot it the layout does not change but as there are 25 stands some with 3 traps so you will not get used to the target.

There is a good proportion of driven targets which is appreciated by serious game shots wanting practice on this type of presentation.

Its also open every day but if you get there and nobody is about then go to the farm house to get your counter / pay up.

Lastly be aware that as you can drive around but you will gets clays landing on your vehicle especially if there are other groups about. I value my vehicle and park at the club house and walk in.

It makes more of a day of it but is a haul up the hill.

Rich

Oh perhaps we saw each others Friday then, as I was there as well...

Agreed on the parking -- I parked near the high pheasants at the bottom when I visited and I had pieces of clay on the car when I came back. As far as I've seen, you can park safely on the grounds before the first stands, or right at the top; I think I'll try that when I visit. I'm not sure the '4x4 parking' is safe from fallout.

Where the 4X4 parking area is at the top of the hill is the fallout are for the oscillating High Pheasant stands. I would not park there or under the tree by the ''novice'' driven stand.

Good to know! I'll have to study that a bit more next time.

As a side note, one of the nice chap who showed be around had a small bloody mark on the side of the nose, because he was hit by a fragment. He wasn't wearing safety glasses either.

I think the multitude of signs warning about clay fragments aren't there just to please the health and safety officer!

I have been several times. I used to organise a day out each year for the South Worcester Members but they lost interest over the last couple of years. Great layout - lots of variety although they didn't change much over the years we went. The grouse stand at the top is great fun. Good high pheasants and some interesting down hill targets and teal rising out of the valley.Take some dark glasses - just in case the sun comes out on the pheasant stand. Take your very best wet weather gear as when it rains - it really does rain and if you are up at the top it has got to be 3/4 of a mile back to the club house - well it seems like it!! Not a novice layout. Make sure you keep an accurate note of the no-birds. If you haven't been before you will certainly enjoy the layout.

John

Since I moved this is the nearest ground to me. I've not been there yet but hear good things about it. They use the claymate system so good for solo practice. I'm going to sort a midweek visit there soon.

Charlie and I have shot it a few times, good fun and some very challenging stands. Go on a nice day though.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we finally had a small run there this afternoon, the weather was fantastic for the season, and we did about 150 each over the top part of the course. Had a really great time, very challenging (but still hittable) birds, and overall as blast. Pretty amazing shooting positions over the valley to.

Had no problem parking in clay safe zones, just be aware of the other shooting positions before parking the car; if still seems easier at the top tho.

Had a cuppa at the lounge at the bottom, had a look around the really fancy trap shootting position, and went home for beer-o-clock!

Well, had a fantastic friday. Shot 420 between the two of us, had a lunch break at the back of the car, and I swear I got sunburned (!) -- started the day with 2 jumpers and ended up wearing just a t-shirt, in Wales, in March!

Did most of the stations, apart from ones on the 'hill' side, as you end up with the sun directly in the eyes. My personal favourite is the very top one, the 'bunker' where I did very well; very satisfying targets!

I have to say, it's great to drag the car around, having all your kit handy (plus lunch!)

FXx6bfF.jpg

Edited by buze