.243 scope recommendations

bighit1985

Hi

I'm looking at getting a .243 setup for foxing to help on a pheasent shoot vermin control this year. So I'm looking at possible setups, I've seen a few Brno .243s on gun trader but obviously the guns only as good as the optics on top. So what ones can people recommend??

I'm looking for a good valued scope. Not one that breaks the bank but not cheap and cheerful.

Or the Hawke scopes?? I think the s+b ones although very good are going to be out of price range to start with. £200 probably the most I could stretch to on the scope.

You might get a used Meopta 7x50 for that. These use the same glass as the s+ bender

Different coatings and mechanicals but still good glass

I've seen the bushnell scopes what are they like anyone??

Looked at them but once I looked through Swarovski glass I was sold. Mine cost around the £200 mark if I remember correctly. Blueing is a bit faded in places but optically fine. Worth looking round for a second hand deal.

Magnification is as simple as this 8 x is eight times nearer

So a fox at 200 yards under 8x looks like it's at 25 yards

Could you hit a fox easy enough at 25 yards with open sights?

That is a long way to shoot a fox at night!

The issue is high magnification is addictive and hard to wean yourself off mentally

The issue is with higher mag is although the shakes are just the same at 4x as they are at 30x you see them more so they seem worse

Also you loose field of view at night if you have another person on the lamp narrow field of view and high mag will find you searching for your target