Findhorn Bay halt proposed ban on wildfowling.

TONY R

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the local minister has removed the video that he put on youtube of the wounded goose he hounded with his camera or for some reason I just cant access it. May be the comments regards his antics were just too close to the bone. He has also removed his name and picture from the other video still showing the goose.

Wonder why now he is trying to distance himself from these.

Seems he got on STV this week preaching the usual eco mulch as usual.

I see the plot of land opposite his house is up for planning permission, no doubt in the coming weeks we will see another petition against building houses on the last area that is on the edge of the mudflats ( would hate to spoil his personnel photographic area) . Any shooters looking for a place to retire, please feel free to apply. Free goose shooting 100 yards away (at present) lively village life, bigoted neighbors.

And from what I have read in the winter months you will have to wear full PPE to protect against constant falls of dead geese from the sky and the constant barrage of gunfire 6 days a week from 6am till 6am the next day.

Edited by Local lad

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last comment all has gone quite on the surface regards a shooting ban.

Below the surface well that's another story.

The local minister has released another video showing goose prints in the sand, wish had the time but I work for a living. Local paper had the usual one side letters from anti's two weeks ago but nothing this week.

I had a walk along the beach this week and found a couple of dead birds but the highlight was a dead swan.

Not that I like to see dead swans but since it was very obvious and had been their a while I am sure a lot of dog walkers would of seen it. If it had been in the shooting season this would of been plastered all over the net by the "Friend of Findhorn Bay" web site and in the local press blaming shooters but nothing!!

Just goes to show what a bigoted lot they are.

Have cross-referenced as many of the anti's names I can find against various web sites and as you all will of expected most are new to the area or have some connection to the F. Foundation.

BIT OF A OWN GOAL THIS !!

POLICE HAVE BECOME involved in the highly emotive campaign to halt wildfowling in Findhorn Bay after a pro-shooting petition participant issued a bomb threat against the Universal Hall.

It has been reported that police are investigating an entry by an unidentified supporter of wildfowling in the online petition ‘Support Findhorn Bay Wildfowlers’, which has gained support from almost 1400 people.

In the entry, now removed, an individual claiming to live in the Findhorn area launched an attack on the Findhorn Foundation community, saying: “I often wonder what these ‘do gooders’ do for a living with nothing else to occupy their small minds – 5kg of semtex in their Universal Hall may put things right.”

Police Scotland have recently confirmed that their officers will take action against people making such online threats, saying that each instance would be investigated to establish if any criminality was involved.

The issue over wildfowling in Findhorn has seen harsh words spoken on both sides of a debate that, it is hoped, will be resolved at a meeting this month.

Councillors considered a petition signed by around 800 protestors against wildfowling at Findhorn Bay last month, but suspended any immediate decision when told that a counter-petition was being prepared.

Members of the economic development and infrastructure committee also heard a passionate plea for compromise from local councillor Anne Skene, who told the meeting that the issue had become and emotive and highly charged issue in the area.

Councillor Skene’s suggestion of a voluntary ‘no shoot’ area on the northern part of Findhorn Bay being extended to include the south-east corner sparked the committee to request a detailed study and discussions with all interested parties before the issue was returned for their consideration.

Huntsman Martin Gauld, who is behind the petition supporting continuing wildfowling in the area, apologised for any distress the comment made may have caused, condemning the person responsible saying he was “absolutely disgusted” that someone had made such a comment.

He said: “We are trying our best to come to some sort of compromise with the campaigners and work out a sensible way forward.”

Meanwhile Lisa Mead, who has led to campaign to ban wildfowling at Findhorn, said it was not correct for the anonymous poster to simply assume that the Friends of Findhorn community was wholly against wildfowling, saying that local people had backed her petition.

One of the many moans from the anti's is that the many photographers (only ever seen one and he hides in the bushes during the goose season!!) feel intimidated by people shooting and its unfair that a small minority group should have the sole use of the South end of the bay for 6 months.

I have just had two weeks off on hols and saw a number of bird watchers getting real good views and I expect some real good shots of the geese as they had the common sense to pick a good spot and fit in with the local way of life.

One local incomer is the wooden spoon that is continually sticking his oar in winding everyone up then standing back saying he just wants everyone to get on together but wants a ban!!!

If he would just butt out, keep quite, stop uploading anti shooting videos on the internet then things may of been sorted out by now.

Its also been stated more than once that there is shooting on the bay from the 1st September until the 20th Feb every day and a large number of geese are shoot every day. What a load of eco mulch!!!

I don't need to tell the shooters that follow this site but for the anti's who read and monitor it:-

1. Shooting is banned on a Sunday so that reduces the number of days by one day a week.

2. Because of the high tides this again reduces the number of shooters as its pointless trying to get onto the bay on a high tide.

3.The geese themselves do not have any set routine so you can be on the bay every day for a week (6 day week)and not fire a shot!!!!.

4. Sometimes the geese just do not arrive to late in the season again reducing the number of days shooting.

5. Sometimes because of weather conditions they will not leave the bay and remain on the roost all day until set upon by uncontrolled dogs that are allowed run free and **** all over the foreshore because there owners are too selfish to clear up after themselves and blame shooters dogs.

6. Some days just no ones turns up to shoot.

Wind, tide, moon all come into it, it's not a "war zone"! Once the season ends the geese usually remain in the area for weeks after allowing people to take as many pictures as they want. If our local wooden spoon really wants close up shots mid season he just has to ask the best place to be and any shooter will advise........

SOUTH AFRICA

As for a minority sport, just done the maths regards the numbers of people living in the UK that have signed the online petition, For a ban 56% For keeping shooting 98%.

I think councilors are well aware of local feeling but for years the amount of white settlers/incomers to the area has swelled the numbers and of course they all are now classed as local residents.

A large number have been drawn into the area by the F. Foundation set up 50 years ago. Over time some of these incomers have moved into the local area and have not embraced the local ways but are have wanted to change things if it did not fit there picture postcard way of local life.

Obviously the older local residents have put up with this for years and this latest attack on local life with a cry for a shooting ban has just pushed it too far for some as mentioned above.

Sad day when a older local resident, a non shooter feels so strongly about the present us and them culture.

I have tried to be dispassionate about all this but for years the "Fairies" as they are locally referred to seem to have overwhelmed the village even stealing the village name and using it before the word Foundation (I have another F-word that I use).

They have managed to wow and beguile people with claims of wonderful gardens grown out of a rubbish tip, even the BBC did a documentary on them many years ago showing the garden. If they had panned their cameras over local villagers gardens they would of seen just as good gardens if not better.

I have no problem with them having an alternative lifestyle thats up to them but I do not appreciate them trying to change how I like to live or the local ways of life.

Reading the comments on the online petition this is seems to be happening all over the UK with incomers moving in and changing things to suit their vision of how we should live.

Edited by Local lad

Good post and good for you. I see this happening on an increasing scale locally.

We are building a Passive house shortly for a family in Findhorn, and will then be travelling up there to erect it over a few days. I have been told the place is home to a 'hippy commune' but have no idea how true that is.

Yep happening all over the place a farmer friend has some old ex tied cottages up the lane from his farm, one was sold to a schoolteacher who at harvest time complained to the environmental health department, police and anyone else she could think of about the farmers tractors and combines etc driving past her house early in the morning and late in the evening!.....why do these people move into the countryside if they are unwilling to embrace life in the countryside?

BIT OF A OWN GOAL THIS !!

POLICE HAVE BECOME involved in the highly emotive campaign to halt wildfowling in Findhorn Bay after a pro-shooting petition participant issued a bomb threat against the Universal Hall.

It has been reported that police are investigating an entry by an unidentified supporter of wildfowling in the online petition ‘Support Findhorn Bay Wildfowlers’, which has gained support from almost 1400 people.

how do they know that "unidentified supporter of wildfowling" is a genuine person or could it possibly be an anti??

Hello, many thanks for the link.

Read all the items and it just depressed me.

Lived in the area for 56 years and shot the bay for many of those.

We now have a bunch of white settlers lead by the daughter of Satin who lives in Findhorn, she is assisted by her friend Satin himself that hides in the bushes at Kinloss with his camera.

If these two would just keep there mouths shut we may get this settled with both sides being happy.

Edited by Local lad

Be reasonable at all times whilst giving little away, chances are the rabid anti shooters will get more frustrated and aggressive when they don't get what they want...........which should play into the pro Wildfowling groups hands.....if/when the council have to act!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed more people haven't signed this already?

Are you? Only one in five licence holders is a member of any shooting or other group that protects thier rights to own or use a gun

Peta alone have hundreds of thousands more members in the UK.

Apparently it's more popular to be against something than for it?