Weasel in the Coops

new to the flock

Was pulled from a comfy chair in the PW arms last night as I was sipping coffee, by a phone call from my Mother. It seems that Dad had come in all upset as something had gotten into his game chickens and fancy pigeons and killed 7 birds.

chickensImg_0436.jpg

chicken_pigeonImg_0437.jpg

Asked a few questions, and the answers were pointing to a mink or a weasel, so grabbed some traps and headed over to have a look. I had just set things down and was walking back in from the truck with the traps for the floor and tunnel when look who decided to have a look around.

weasel1.jpg

weasel2.jpg

Set up a live trap, and the tunnel, as well as one rat trap inside each of the two coops where he entered and one on the run he was using to come in on.

traps_in_tunnelImg_0438.jpg

tunnel_set_2Img_0442.jpg

tunnel_set1Img_0441.jpg

continued.....

livetrapImg_0440.jpg

trap_in_coopImg_0439.jpg

Will be over to check them out alittle later this morning.

Heres hoping :lol:

NTTF

Was pulled from a comfy chair in the PW arms last night as I was sipping coffee, by a phone call from my Mother. It seems that Dad had come in all upset as something had gotten into his game chickens and fancy pigeons and killed 7 birds.

post-181-1177758221.jpg

post-181-1177758271.jpg

Asked a few questions, and the answers were pointing to a mink or a weasel, so grabbed some traps and headed over to have a look. I had just set things down and was walking back in from the truck with the traps for the floor and tunnel when look who decided to have a look around.

post-181-1177758415.jpg

post-181-1177758462.jpg

Set up a live trap, and the tunnel, as well as one rat trap inside each of the two coops where he entered and one on the run he was using to come in on.

post-181-1177758684.jpg

post-181-1177758735.jpg

post-181-1177758839.jpg

continued.....

post-181-1177759014.jpg

post-181-1177759052.jpg

Will be over to check them out alittle later this morning.

Heres hoping :lol:

NTTF

hes got a bonny little face

Hello in scotland that's called a stoat a weasel is smaller & we normally use a m4 fenn.Put the 1 you caught in a dead end tunnel with trap in front as anymore will come to that trap as they smell the other & enter the tunnel.

• 10 years later...