Where to find a rare part?

Wagtail

Hi All

I'm hoping one of you fine folks may be able to help me please?

I have a Webley & Scott Sportsman the 3 shot version of the old single shot bolt action. It has stopped ejecting and was returned from the gunsmiths today with a verdict of a broken ejector spring (the small spring which sits in behind the ejector pin). As new parts are long gone the solution offered was to manufacture one but at a cost of £100 plus at which it was righty suggested wasn't worth it given the value of the gun. They suggested I try to get hold of an old 'scrap' gun to cannibalise the part.

I was told it would need to be one from a sportsman . Would anyone know where I may try to get a hold of one or a spring please?

You could try asking these:

https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/acatalog/

Thanks for that I will thank you

Any photo of the broken spring?

Surely any 410 Webley bolt action ejector would work! The Sportsman model only differed in the mag. tube & stock...

W & S 410 /.22 & 9MM bolt guns had the extractor sit in the bottom of the action ,the Sportsman as far as I recollect had a different bolt and extractor.

Quite possibly the ejector is on the right hand side of the bolt

Any photo of the broken spring?

Surely any 410 Webley bolt action ejector would work! The Sportsman model only differed in the mag. tube & stock...

I'll try to get one tomorrow thanks

Thanks for you advice so far please keep them coming

I went to my local locksmith when I needed an un-available floorplate/carrier spring, He gave me his shoebox of old springs to sort through, and I found 3 that could possibly do the job (I didn't have the original) He charged me 20p each and said that if they were no good I could have my money back! floorplate/carrier sorted for 60p! (and 2 springs for the beginnings of my own shoebox)

Thanks again all, there's been a bit of a delay in so much that the wife fell in a ditch walking the dogs and badly broke her wrist so it's going to have to take a back seat for a day or two but thanks for your suggestions hopefully I'll be able to get on the case this weekend and will let you know how I get on :)