EU In or out

old'un

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the radio this morning re the EU, they were saying the UK was the second largest economy. but the majority of states were putting their foot down to scupper Camerons deal proposals. Only yesterday they were pretty much all but one, wanting the UK IN the EU. But they seem to be pushing for Cameron to drop a lot of amendments in his proposal package deal.

Personally I am tired of the whole EU interference mularky. Shapes and lengths of fruit n veg, Riding over the top of our OWN laws and judgements metered out on terrorists etc, Interfering in deportation of migrant criminals, the whole Human rights debacle, and a great deal more.

I think it's time for Britain to set british law once again. and our judgements final. We should be allowed to deport illegal migrants, Terrorists. Also be able to intervene and arrest the like of Assange and have his sent to Sweden, without fear of some european court slap of the wrist. I don't want some feckless beurocrat in a distant land telling the people of the UK that we can't go out after 8pm, Or we have to stop buying pork and eat beans instead.

Personally I Have had enough of the tripe and bull excrement that Brussels spews, and forces down our throats.

I guess that means I want OUT.

I mean WHY have a UK government anyway when they are simply slapped down and over ruled on every decision?

It started with the common market,Then escalated to being ruled by the people we have fought with over hundreds of years. We have a say yes,but very limited when it comes to the Germans and French in bed together. We have too much expertise to say GO AWAY..

And all the counries taking our money abroad,Will obviously vote no..

The so should we. OUT.

Edited by subsonicnat

Listening to the radio this morning re the EU, they were saying the UK was the second largest economy. but the majority of states were putting their foot down to scupper Camerons deal proposals. Only yesterday they were pretty much all but one, wanting the UK IN the EU. But they seem to be pushing for Cameron to drop a lot of amendments in his proposal package deal.

Personally I am tired of the whole EU interference mularky. Shapes and lengths of fruit n veg, Riding over the top of our OWN laws and judgements metered out on terrorists etc, Interfering in deportation of migrant criminals, the whole Human rights debacle, and a great deal more.

I think it's time for Britain to set british law once again. and our judgements final. We should be allowed to deport illegal migrants, Terrorists. Also be able to intervene and arrest the like of Assange and have his sent to Sweden, without fear of some european court slap of the wrist. I don't want some feckless beurocrat in a distant land telling the people of the UK that we can't go out after 8pm, Or we have to stop buying pork and eat beans instead.

Personally I Have had enough of the tripe and bull excrement that Brussels spews, and forces down our throats.

I mean WHY have a UK government anyway when they are simply slapped down and over ruled on every decision?

Totally Agree.OUT

Could not have put it better..

Being a farmer I should say IN because of uncertainties over what will replace cap plus uncertain markets, but for me just to think what it could (will) be like in twenty years time if things continue as they are it's a definite OUT.

As long as our own civil servants get brought back into the realms of common sense we will be ok but as it is now a EU directive comes over on a couple of pieces of paper and before it gets passed out Whitehall add 70 more plus some really stupid rules on things no sane person would ever think of, just to keep themselves in a comfy chair not doing any real work, stop that **** and we will be fine.

I think these polls that have it as a close run thing are way off the mark. Perhaps they've been asking the wrong people? I think Cameron will get his botty spanked.

Beware of the polls, they know the sheep follow the flock so it's in the best interests of the "in" brigade to make the great unwashed believe the majority want "in"

Personally I'm out, whatever Cameron brings back from the eu we will only get part of the story, the small print later on will tie us in to the eu even more. He will lie, they will lie, we all know that, they know we know that but they just don't care so long as it goes their way.

Well it seems you are overwhelmingly in favour of OUT, Now I know this is perhaps not a true reflection of the UK But! Something is wrong here because according to most of the polls the country is split about 50-50, have they got it wrong again? or is it just PW members that what out?
I must be honest I don't really know or understand the full implications of coming out (no gay jokes) but my heart and most of my head is telling me OUT.

Well it seems you are overwhelmingly in favour of OUT, Now I know this is perhaps not a true reflection of the UK But! Something is wrong here because according to most of the polls the country is split about 50-50, have they got it wrong again? or is it just PW members that what out?

I must be honest I don't really know or understand the full implications of coming out (no gay jokes) but my heart and most of my head is telling me OUT.

PW is not representative in any way hence the difference. If the majority of the UK were grumpy old men, or grumpy old men in training, then it might be closer :)

Guest topshot_2k

OUT without a doubt. How anyone can want to remain in when its clear the rest of Europe hate us and simply want to benefit from our economy not to mention that the EU have zero control over immigration and border controls, crippled our fishing industry and forced laws upon us. I haven't spoken to anyone yet who wants to remain in!

Edited by topshot_2k

Perhaps to do with the political leanings here on PW. From what I remember of the discussion at the GE the majority on here voted either Con or UKIP. UKIP`s raison d`etre is getting out of Europe and the Con party are seemingly split on the issue. That would naturally lend a bias to an out vote. Plus the current issue with firearms legislation may have swayed some.

I am torn on this matter, the largest economic benefactor of our state, the services industry and especially financial services could be very badly affected and that would hurt everyone in the long run. I don't think the immigration and deporting argument holds water, this appears to be an issue caused by human rights lawyers in the main, notwithstanding the fact that many of the scroungers we have in uk are indigenous.

With the increasingly global nature of big business I worry that being little englanders will go against us and I fear quite how costly, protracted and messy an exit would be. I also trust the opinions of many of in the 'in' advocates from the political and business spectrum.

My head says in, my heart says out... I am not convinced we have adequate information about the issues other than the BNP esque ''foreigners out"..

I honestly don't believe there should be a referendum on this matter, I don't think the average person gas a wide enough understanding to make an informed decision, which is very scary, this could be an example of when democracy doesn't work.