Vectan A1 availability - Midlands?

Norman Clark in Rugby is worth a try also Pete Starley in Warwick

Bit of a treck but well worth the visit: Brock & Norris, Mike is excellent but call first to see what he has in stock !

ATB

Matt

Thanks for the info chaps, I'll call to see what they've got tomorrow. Looks like I won't find any much more "local" than that.

No.

That's worth knowing thanks - looks like Peter's website could do with updating to say he's no longer in business.

The best way if you can wait is to get some dropped off by John at FES when he comes by in the middle of April.

Thanks for the heads up. As he's heading up the A1, closest he'll be would be Peterborough I think, which is still over 200 mile round trip. Thanks again though, worth bearing in mind.

May be stupid but Express cartridges the importer!

Thanks for info! There was a chap on here who looked into this a while back. They could supply small quantities but wanted silly money compared to the going rate in the shops. General consensus was it wasn't a sensible option.

I hope to be doing my reloading hz kidderminster soon. - when the house contract Completes. Maybe you could do a joint trip in the future.

Good luck with the move. Shooting supplies in Bromsgrove will be a good port of call for your reloading stuff around here, but they are increasingly struggling to get certain powders etc. They don't carry the more obscure stuff (which is what I always seem to need) so joint trips could definitely be handy in the future.

Don't get that at all I buy mine direct from Express as they are the importer I pay trade price with cartridges. All I can think of is they are charging the SRP that is over what shops charge.

Express appear to resent selling reloading supplies even to RFD's and only do it because they have to as the UK distributor of Vectan. Most of their other components such as wads and lead shot are silly dear too.

To the OP, what are you loading and can't you use something else?

Edited by sitsinhedges

Express appear to resent selling reloading supplies even to RFD's and only do it because they have to as the UK distributor of Vectan. Most of their other components such as wads and lead shot are silly dear too.

There is no official importer of Vectan powders in the uk ,express just import a lot for there own use , any other cartridge manufacture could import it if they want. Edited by deershooter

I just finished the tub of A1 that was given to me and I've used it in everything from 12 gauge and .410 to .38 muzzleloader and some quite obscure cartridges too. There are no doubt numerous better powders for each individual use but I'm in the process of condensing my shooting / reloading gear and all the related clutter I've gathered. I did just realise I have some herco left though which seems to be pretty versatile stuff too, so the pressure is off for a while. :)