.22 Pellet advise please

BADGER.BRAD

Hello all,

Just started with an air rifle and have been told by a number of people that I need to find pellets (.22) that suit my gun, I realise that there are lots of different makes but would appreciate it if you could recommend ones to try and which ones to avoid to cut down on my list. I've nearly run through 500 pellets which I had lying around so the gun should be at least somewhere near being bedded in. I intend to target shoot for at the moment and the gun is a Hatsan break barrel rifle.

Thanks for any advise

Dudley West Mids

Edited by BADGER.BRAD

To start:

Air Arms Field

JSB Exact

H&N Field Target Trophy

RWS - Super Dome & Super Field

They come in different head sizes also which are worth testing: 5.50, 5.51, 5.52, 5.53.

JSB do a sample tub where you get a bit of an assortment. But if you add your loaction to your profile maybe someone local to you can help.

ATB

Matt

To start:

Air Arms Field

JSB Exact

H&N Field Target Trophy

RWS - Super Dome & Super Field

They come in different head sizes also which are worth testing: 5.50, 5.51, 5.52, 5.53.

JSB do a sample tub where you get a bit of an assortment. But if you add your loaction to your profile maybe someone local to you can help.

ATB

Matt

that about sums it up

Hatsan, tested using H&N FTT, just so you know.

The pellet size you want is a 5.52 if .22!

Choices are RWS Superfield (work well in my Hatsan PCP rifles), H&N FTT (Hatsan in house testing pellet) or the old reliable Crosman Premier (cardboard boxed ones highest quality they make), Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum and Crosman Premier (tinned - the lowest quality).

Just ask Evo if I know my Hatsan rifles.... :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Air Arms Field are consistent. Get used to firing the springer at 10 yards, then stretch it out five yards at a time on paper. Resting the rifle will help decide accuracy. I used AA Field in my Webley Viper .22 PCP, deadly accurate on rabbits up to 30 yards. 21 grain Bisley Magnums are accurate once you get used to the loopy trajectory.