new rifle possibly?

norfolkgoose

Hello to everyone after nearly a year out im looking to get back in to a bit of rabbit control ( looking = being pestered by my old perm's) I have been looking about for a few months now but theirs not a lot about with my limited budget until I came across a .... wait for it..... smk m22 yes I know it's Chinese but I never had any problems with any off their other rifles all very good value for money so I have found at least .

what I would like to know has anyone else used one yet and what do you think about it?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello to everyone after nearly a year out im looking to get back in to a bit of rabbit control ( looking = being pestered by my old perm's) I have been looking about for a few months now but theirs not a lot about with my limited budget until I came across a .... wait for it..... smk m22 yes I know it's Chinese but I never had any problems with any off their other rifles all very good value for money so I have found at least .

what I would like to know has anyone else used one yet and what do you think about it?

Many thanks in advance.

hello, if the weight is not a problem at 8 plus llbs then go for it, .22 and .177 combined looks a good buy, not ideal if you do a fair bit of walking your perms so i would consider other lighter PCPs,

Guest topshot_2k

Personally I would go with a second hand BSA Scorpion/Ultra or something from Air Arms or Brocock, They are around the same money as a new SMK and much better built. If you have a limited budget why not go for a decent spring/gas ram air rifle?

hello, if the weight is not a problem at 8 plus llbs then go for it, .22 and .177 combined looks a good buy, not ideal if you do a fair bit of walking your perms so i would consider other lighter PCPs,

before i went FAC i used 2 .177s PCPs a brocock and FX both giving about 50/60 shots per fill which is plenty for a night rabbit shooting unless you have a bunny farm.

before i went FAC i used 2 .177s PCPs a brocock and FX both giving about 50/60 shots per fill which is plenty for a night rabbit shooting unless you have a bunny farm.

if i were going to get another it would be the new brocock concept Elite which has a better shot count and guage although only 6 shot mag easy to load a couple of mags, i use to get good results hunting out to 50mtrs

Thank you for the replies so far I have had a look at one and a quick go over and it seemed good and was not to heavy but weight is an issue for me now I need a lighter rifle brock would suit me well but have not seen one for less than £450 and can't find a falcon in multi shot either out my way my all in buget is £450 ish for rifle and bottle/pump .

Thank you for the replies so far I have had a look at one and a quick go over and it seemed good and was not to heavy but weight is an issue for me now I need a lighter rifle brock would suit me well but have not seen one for less than £450 and can't find a falcon in multi shot either out my way my all in buget is £450 ish for rifle and bottle/pump .

hello, do you need a multi shot? there are a lot of good used PCPs for sale, another is a AA S200 in .177 good rifles and accurate can be bought s/h for about £250 80 shots per fill, you could try a dive shop for a 300 BAR bottle often sold s/h about £100 or less. that leaves you about £350 for a good rifle and scope

Woo ha! What SMK is it?

If it is a B2 then just hitting a target is a challenge.

If you have an XS19 well then that is from a different factory and a different rifle altogether. The XS19 is actually many rifles, other companies buy it, stick a different stock and name on it and sell it for more money! Companies like Remington and Beretta for example....

If you want a lighter rifle then try a Hatsan 900X breaker.

Edited by secretagentmole

Woo ha! What SMK is it?

If it is a B2 then just hitting a target is a challenge.

If you have an XS19 well then that is from a different factory and a different rifle altogether. The XS19 is actually many rifles, other companies buy it, stick a different stock and name on it and sell it for more money! Companies like Remington and Beretta for example....

If you want a lighter rifle then try a Hatsan 900X breaker.

SMK 19-18 .22 springer. Thought it was a supergrade? Either way, cracking groups and about 7-8 years old :) result :L

I would be looking at a air arms s200 or a 2nd hand bsa ultra or scorpion in .177,..saying that you can get a brand new hatsan at44 10 shot with xtra mag,hawke 3.9x40 scope with silencer and bag for £325 and they are supposed to be belting rifles!!

Apart from the fact they are not lightweight which is something that Goose wanted.

what about a walther Rx8 think you can get a bsa ultra for around 450 m8