Of interest

ElvisThePelvis

Don't hold your breath! BBC pro shooting?

What I would like to say about the piece shown is;

I don't know how many of you pay a good whack of a subscription to your particular shooting body, but I saw no representation from either BASC, CA, CPSA etc. maybe they weren't invited to participate. Surely the nearly new Media Centre at Marford Mill have let the BBC know that they would be interested in participating in any shooting related issue they are thinking of broadcasting?

The NRA put their point of view over, so did the Law Commission! Who are again attempting to tightening the noose around our necks!

Another good opportunity missed by our representatives to educate the British non-shooting public what the positives are about shooting. No mention this morning about conservation, the economy, o dear I can see I'm beginning to rant!

Your thoughts?

I have not seen this yet, but what needs to be relaxed? I dont find our laws too bad. For instance I have no use for a hand gun. And apart from target practice at ranges what use is there for a pistol/hand gun??

Pistol target shooting is a recognised Olympic event. We get what we deserve, we really do.

I have not seen this yet, but what needs to be relaxed? I dont find our laws too bad. For instance I have no use for a hand gun. And apart from target practice at ranges what use is there for a pistol/hand gun??

Probably if you are a deer stalker persuing a wounded Sika stag in a tangle of dense underbrush where the sole intention of the Stag is to kill you?

Ask someone who does it?

Just because something is not for you why decry the use to others?

If we need to stick together?

what other use is there for a hand gun? apart from saying yes licence them and use them for target shooting? Id not walk a field rabbiting or foxing with a hand gun..

You could extend this into almost anything. Why bother having a cricket bat, for instance. All you can do is play cricket with it. Or why bother having a garden spade? All you can do is dig holes with it.

It has to be the daftest question/statement I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

You could extend this into almost anything. Why bother having a cricket bat, for instance. All you can do is play cricket with it. Or why bother having a garden spade? All you can do is dig holes with it.

It has to be the daftest question/statement I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

It's not daft at all, if someone can be goaded into saying "for defence" then ALL pistol shooters and people who wish to shoot pistols, can be safely dismissed as walts, fantasists and dangerous nutcases. And it becomes unnecessary for him to argue against target shooting or the Olympics, which is convenient as there are no real arguments against these things.

I think it is quite a clever question, i'm just glad it does not seemed to have worked.

Wow,its nice to see if you post a question you get hung out to dry.

I have NO issues with handguns and if they were legalised i would NOT challenge it. All i was saying is I see no issue with ranges for licence holders to shoot on. But in MY own opinion id not carry one in the field.

Jeez I wont input next time if all thats going to happen is the warriors arm their keyboards...

Wow,its nice to see if you post a question you get hung out to dry.

I have NO issues with handguns and if they were legalised i would NOT challenge it. All i was saying is I see no issue with ranges for licence holders to shoot on. But in MY own opinion id not carry one in the field.

Jeez I wont input next time if all thats going to happen is the warriors arm their keyboards...

You asked a question in a leading manner and people have answered in the same tone, I appreciate meanings are easy to misinterpret over the Internet and I would suggest more carefully constructing a question in future if you are likely offended by the types of response you received, not having a go just trying to say how it looked when I read your post.

Calm down Deer. :)

You asked a question " And apart from target practice at ranges what use is there for a pistol/hand gun?? after stating you have no use for a hand gun.

"Use" does not enter into the criteria needed to satisfy the grant for one.

Ok, I'll try again. Entire UK firearms legislation needs to be relaxed. Mainland UK has the most draconian firearms legislation in Europe, for no other reason than political expediency.

If you don't find our laws too bad then fair enough, but many do. I'm not sure if we even have an Olympic pistol shooting squad anymore now as those that did exist had to train abroad following the handgun ban, effectively curtailing by legislation, any recruitment of new blood to the sport.

The implication that you don't find the laws too bad because you have no use for a handgun, suggests to me that because you don't have a use for them you are indifferent to the needs or desires of those who do, and that is what I meant by 'we get what we deserve.'

You're correct; there is no other use for a handgun in mainland UK apart from target shooting, but isn't that reason enough? Even when CF handguns were legal to own, it was still, and always has been, illegal to hunt with one in the UK.

I'm aware some are used for humane despatch