Barley

aga man

Pretty sure yes as I phoned the farmer who is friend, and he said keep an eye on the peas as some birds have been seen on them. I've looked two or three times but not seen anything worth a mention as stated previously

Seems very early. To be a couple of inches tall, those peas must have been drilled a month ago.

Well after today I've got one dead rook for the flapper! Attending to the fenn traps at one of the pens and one heck of a flightline of rooks and jackdaws started coming over me, but high up over the trees. Thought to myself it's only a matter of time before one gets a bit cocky. Stood up against a tree trunk, sure enough only waited 5 minutes for a lower flyer, down it came :)

Funnily enough they started flying round me after that.

Went and stood in a favourite little spot for 10 minutes to flight a pigeon or two in, dropped one at the first attempt. Shooting the 12g hushpower which feels about 12 feet long it's easy to let the surge of adrenaline swing through too wildly, thought I'd missed in front for a minute before it hit the deck. Picked the bird up and it had one pellet wound - entry 5mm below its eye and exit out the back of its head!

Then I went and ruined my 100% average :no: One came in and sat up in a tree about 50yds away. Just for a giggle I had a go at stalking up to it, got to about 30yds before the inevitable twig snapped under my foot, took a wild swipe to no avail!

I only went up there to check the traps. Seems I'm easily distracted :whistling:

Edited by Jim Neal