Vortex Scopes and Archer add on

deputy dog

Alright lads

I've got a 2k budget to get a scope and Archer add on. I've got my eyes on a Vortex Viper 4-16×56 HS BDC scope from rifle craft.

Has anyone got or used Vortex scopes with Archer add on and what are they like out in the field.

I may add the Archer will be second hand from Starlight when they have a decent model grade D or C in stock, hopefully not to long to a wait.

Any feed back will be grateful for

Gareth

Something like this.>>.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leupold-M8-6x42-Duplex-Reticle-Rifle-Scope-/191602876087?hash=item2c9c6bdeb7:g:KuEAAOSwstxVftLP

PS. I see that the Archer on the bay didn't sell because at £1400 it didn't reach the reserve price. If you think that it was too much it don't look like there is much choice of alternative available.

Edited by fortune

Use a fixed power and smaller scope. Better glass per £ and that lot will weigh a ton. Something like 6 >> 8 power. Most people don't move the zoom anyway and some scopes change poi when zoomed so the target is missed.

And that will be carp with an archer on. The archer has a doubler so you would start minimum 12 mag.

My z6 is 5-30 and starting at that doubled is ok but you accept the higher magnification the lower the light transmission. The best would be a 2-12 or something like that. Though the higher is great if you sit out much before dark as Cubs at range are so much easier with decent magnification