Harkila Wellies

Marv&Casper

Hi all, I'm new to this.

I have a pair of Harkila Forester 5mm Neoprene willies.

They weren't cheap but bloody good and warm. 16 months on and one boot leaks like a sieve, rubber has perished and split. Contacted the company I bought them from, sent them back for inspection, been told out of warranty and just wear and tear.

Not a happy bunny, I don't expect them to last for ever but 2 seasons isn't too much to ask is it?

Contacted Harkila 2 weeks ago and had no reply.

Has anybody else had problems with them?

Hi all, I'm new to this.

I have a pair of Harkila Forester 5mm Neoprene willies.

They weren't cheap but bloody good and warm. 16 months on and one boot leaks like a sieve, rubber has perished and split. Contacted the company I bought them from, sent them back for inspection, been told out of warranty and just wear and tear.

Not a happy bunny, I don't expect them to last for ever but 2 seasons isn't too much to ask is it?

Contacted Harkila 2 weeks ago and had no reply.

Has anybody else had problems with them?

Yeah I had the same problems .i had 2 pair in 20 months.get back in touch with the retailer .These wellys have a 2 year warranty ,if you hav no luck .google Harkilla they have regional offices in the uk .and send them an email .

OK-lets cut to the chase - the warranty supplied with the boots is nothing to do with a situation like this-once you accept that fact you can start to do something about your faulty goods. An expensive boot such as the Harkilla falls under the new Consumer Rights Act and , if the rubber has indeed perished, is simply "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE". The next important thing to remember is that , unless you bought them direct from the manufacturer, then your claim is against whoever sold you the boots - take them back and offer them the chance to deal with your complaint - you need to offer them a reasonable opportunity to put things right and you should make a note of dates and who you spoke to etc. The boots are not fit for purpose because they have simply not lasted a reasonable amount of time considering the price and use you have had from them - of course if there's a hole in them caused by a puncture of some sort then the seller has no responsibility but if you can clearly see that the rubber has perished then I cannot see how they can refuse to help.

Have had two pairs of Harkilla boots; both leaked and went back so bought from another manufacturer.

Currently have a pair of Muckboots wellingtons which have started to leak in via the heel after their second season. Was wondering which wellies I should go for now as have had Barbour and Aigle prior to the Muckboots, so I suppose I can rule out Harkilla too.

Thank you all, emailed the uk guy (thank you kevin for his email address) and he actually called me, still trying to say wear and tear (apparently if you pay more for a pair of willies you shouldn't expect them to last longer than a cheap pair) has asked for photos which I have sent, just awaiting his response, he is away

until 14th March.

I have offered to meet them halfway, really trying to be reasonable with them.

So lets see what happens.

Incidentally everyone that comments online about these things are called KEYBOARD WARRIORS, new one on me. I think it is a good way of us all actually being able to communicate with each other and not just suffer in silence when things do go wrong.

Anyway watch this space.

Interested in performance being judged in "seasons", a gun who shoots 8 days from a peg has a very different season to a keeper.

I know I've wellies on most days for an hour or two to take dogs out, what do folks assume to be a season's wear?