Productive day

Ade1971

Hi All,

Knocking doors is definitely the way to go about getting permissions.......

I woke this morning and decided that today was the day i was going to go around the farms in my area 6 in total within a 10 mile range

I made, printed off and laminated some contact/business cards, printed off a copy of the front page of my FAC and printed off the letter below popped them in 6 envelopes waited till just after lunch and off i went.

1st stop was a farmer mucking his field with whom i had a good chat, he was a cattle farmer and said he did not have any vermin issues. but did point me in the direction of the 5th stop

2nd stop, No answer and the gates were like Fort Knox, posted my details in the post box on the road.

3rd stop is looking promising, knocked the door and Mrs Farmer and 6 kids answered...she said there are foxes around there, she took my details and will hand them Mr Farmer, so fingers crossed.

4th stop, small acreage and he said he has loads of rabbits....but already has a guy and didn't want anymore yet, but did take my details.

5th stop...RESULT...gave him all my details and a permission slip I am popping up there on Tuesday evening for him to show me around boundaries ETC and pick up my completed perm slip

6th and final stop, again he already has someone and again did not want another gun on his land,, but did take my details in case.

I then called home and picked up some goodies, gloves, tub of water less hand wash ETC and proceeded to hand them to the 1st stop for pointing me in the right direction.

I need to speak to south wales police tomorrow to see what the land is cleared for....the joys of a closed ticket.

this is the sample letter i gave and i just asked each one basically " Do you need and fox/vermin control)" :-

Hello,

First of all let me apologize for taking up some of your time.

My Name is Adrian Davies I am 45 years old and live at ************************

I am currently working at********************************************

The reason I am writing this letter is to ask if you have anyone currently controlling foxes/vermin on your land as I am looking to provide this free service, as I thoroughly enjoy shooting as a sport and also provide fox, rabbit or any other vermin control.

Both my son ******* who is**** years old and Myself currently shoot on 2 farms, one in ************************ and one in ************************************

I have been shooting airguns since the age of 14, and 2 years ago decided to apply for my firearms certificate and now own 3 calibres

.22lr for rabbit and other small ground quarry

.17hmr for long range rabbit and ground quarry

.22-250 which is a dedicated foxing rifle

I am also fully insured with BASC

If you do require any vermin control please contact me anytime using the contact details enclosed, I can then make an appointment with you to complete the permission to shoot form and advise me on boundaries.

Again I would like to thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

So that is it, i hope the template helps and even though i knocked the doors i still gave the details because they can then look at them in their own time.

Ade

Thanks Guys,

I have spoken to SWP and the ground is all cleared, just need to call up Saturday now for a tour of the boundaries

Had another call yesterday from one of the Farmers id left my details with and have an appointment Sunday as he has a rat problem ......(depending on the size of the problem i may be forced to buy a new air rifle :whistling: )

He said he is also going to speak with the farmer further down who has a few rabbits on there so i can combine farms ( iv tried phoning SWP again to see if that is cleared)

What i did notice is the amount of crows over some of the fields, so i sent in my application today for a SGC. :good:

Ade

• 5 weeks later...