Dsc level 1

Perazzisc3

I have no issue with that, but look at the other side.

A Gamekeeper who has culled 100 deer a year for the last 40 years on various top estates cant shoot on FC land, yet a complete novice who sat a course for a week and has no experience can!

It is **** covering gone mad!

:good:

Well if he is that good, DSC should be really simple! :)

David.

A Gamekeeper who has culled 100 deer a year for the last 40 years on various top estates cant shoot on FC land, yet a complete novice who sat a course for a week and has no experience can!

The 'novice' would need Level 2 to shoot on FC land which is a practical test, not theory like Level 1.

Well if he is that good, DSC should be really simple! :)

David.

Exactly turn up do the test 1 day £100

The 'novice' would need Level 2 to shoot on FC land which is a practical test, not theory like Level 1.

You are missing my point, even an accompanied stalk on DSC2 is not experience, its out briefly and then a piece of paper. After you get your DSC you can wave that piece of paper about and are qualified. :lol::lol::lol: Yet the guy with a world of experience is excluded from certain things as he doesn't have that paper.

Look at it this way, who would you rather go out with and who do you think you would learn the most from on a stalk. The guy who just walked out of the DSC course and is still waiting for his FAC to arrive or a Game Keeper who has looked after Deer for the last 40 years!?

The only reason DSC exists is for **** covering and money making!

Edited by Dekers

3 witnessed stalks and 3 witnessed grallochs isn't nothing - it is at least something

40 years experience means nothing if they have been doing it wrong all that time.

Like the 30+ years experienced stalker who was back to re-take his shooting test when we did ours, as he failed it the first time

Some more of these :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3 witnessed stalks and 3 witnessed grallochs isn't nothing - it is at least something

40 years experience means nothing if they have been doing it wrong all that time.

Like the 30+ years experienced stalker who was back to re-take his shooting test when we did ours, as he failed it the first time

Some more of these :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like I said, you are missing my point! Please refer back to all my #23.

:good:

Edited by Dekers

Of the 8 "deer mangaging" game keepers who where on my DSC1 I had to help 3 of them get through the test including showing 1 how to correctly zero his rifle and one the that the reason his groups where so open was his rifle wouldn't stabilise heavy bullets.

Oh they all asked me to go first as I was the risk as a "hobby stalker"

So if the guy with 40 years experience is one of those 2 I'll go with the DSC waving novice thank you.

Keep reading the manual, Deer ID can be a stumbling block be careful on size, colour, deer structure, ie head, rear end, distance, visit the web for different pics of uk deer. Practice makes perfect and no cost

Practice using two sticks, the more you do the more the stress bit goes out of it, it's the same as the FC test it's a doddle if you practice

Keep focused, Read the manual constantly, practice shooting off sticks do that and you'll stroll it

BDS do a good cd with quizzes on it and all the info needed for little cost and your tutor will generate your answer format for you on the course

Stick with the manual and learn it, pick up extra bits on the web, make sure you take on board current knowledge not historic info as things change, shoot straight and your there.

Good luck there ain't no cheap shortcut

Patrol