Lofting pigeons

Outdoorsman

Ive noticed i have a few full bodied lofters in my decoying kit, is there a preferred time of day to use them or can i just put a few above and around the hide and still put my normal pattern out, also is the idea to try and sit them on a branch or put a loop of string through the top and hang them from a branch cheers everyone

Well it went well today, i had the usual big coma pattern out with 11 decoys to start with and the rotary at the front closest to me then added 4 lofters to the hedge row above and around my hide, and the birds flocked in, all shot birds were then added to the pattern to turn it into the horse shoe, everything either commited to the decoys or commited to the hedge, i will be shooting with the lofters permanently from now on. In the space of 3 - 4 hours i had 58 for 66 on the good old rape

I've never really noticed a difference with lofters but not used them much. I think if you have no trees nearby other than a small tree in a hedgerow you can put lofters in that tree and that will attract birds in towards the pattern....but when you have plenty of big oaks round you and you can only loft into the lower branches then does not look realistic and does not seem to help. The only other time I use full-bodied decoys is on top of big bales after harvest. They look realistic and standout on the skyline.

This was in a hedge row about 20 yards up from a big sitty tree, it 100percent made a difference for me yesterday, any bird that came to the pattern but then thought other wise just lifted up and came straight at me for the hedge, and in the time that the lofters blew out with the wind the birds just never came in as confident. I suppose its like every thing else diffrent stuff works diffrent days