Will different fitting pellets alter Gun pressure ?

BADGER.BRAD

Hello all ,

I went out to my local club today for the first time and had a great day with some very helpfull and friendley people (Kinver Club). I've only shot in the Garden before at relatively large targets so found it a real but interesting challenge. Just before I left I had the gun tested on a Chrono and it came up as 10.68 ft/lb dead on 3 tests but the two chaps testing it commented that the pellets were really tight in the barrel (SMK Spitfires) my question is , as the ft/lb is calculated by speed and weight If I had better fitting pellets ( some of them were really badley miss shaped and badley cast even to my untrainned eye they had to be chucked) which would travel at higher speeds would this alter the ft/lb of the rifle ? or would it remain exactley the same ?

Thanks all.

they certainly will alter,, firstly can I just say,,sling the spitfires in the bin, they are a total waste of good lead,

you will find the head size of a pellet and also the weight of a pellet will totally alter the ftlb and speed of the rifle, this is the reason its always best to check your rifle is running BELOW 12 ftlb with a multitude of pellets as they can vary so much,

get yourself some decent jsb exacts or Air Arms diabolo,s and I,ll guarantee your rifle will certainly perform better than with spitfires that's for sure,

atb Evo