puppy advice

mattyg1086

Persevere,She will come round,my fox red lab Roxy had been knocked about before I got her, took weeks to get her full confidence but now she knows she is secure, just takes time & gentleness, I think if I ever did hit her it would break her heart, she is so gentle,but works well in the field.You have a cracking bitch there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to work out from the pictures, how old is she? Looks 4 months or so? Has the breeder done any training work with her? Springers aren't naturally timid/nervous, I hope she's not been cowed by any unsuitable training methods.

Lots of one-to-one time. Simple tasks followed with heaps of praise & reward when they do the right thing.

Unfortunately, character traits set into a dog very early in its life can last forever, hope it hasn't been "broken" :(

this is what we were told at her obedience classes which she is really struggling with she just shuts down its really frustrating how timid she is