20G Browning B725 Hunter Black Gold or Miroku MK60 Gr5

ChrisPCarter

I bought my girlfriend a lovely SP V 20 bore last year, lovely gun. She used it twice and then said she wasn't bothered about shooting again, I was not impressed. Its a lovely handling gun and if you are looking for a 20 then I would highly recommend. Lovely wood too.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

I think you need to shoot a few. I shoot a Beretta 12 bore which fits as good as it can off the shelf, off the back of that I bought a Beretta 20 bore thinking they would be pretty much the same as regards gun fit. Not so, could not get my chubby cheeks low enough on the twenty bore, a browning 725 20 bore was near identical though. Wood is what it is, it can move quite a bit, try a few.

atvb Paul.

Well I went and had a play at a couple of shops on Saturday and after trying a few new and used guns I ended up walking away with a new MK60.

This is the first new gun I've ever bought but as I've been looking for a used one for quite a while with no luck I decided to "bite the bullet" so to speak.

It fits me better than all the others I tried (although the 725 was almost identical) but the finish was just way above the others in the price range too.

I almost went for the 725 Hunter Premium (I think, so many versions!) but the wood on that was still nowhere near as nice and the engraving much more basic than the hand finished stuff on the Miroku.

Having said that there was quite a difference in price, but this gun looked as good as ones costing twice as much.

I now have a lovely almost matching pair of Miroku's so I'm very happy.

I shot a round of clays with it on Sunday and did almost as well as with my MK38 which really impressed me first time out.

2016-03-11-21.07.06-1280x1024.jpg

2016-03-11-21.07.20-1280x1024.jpg

2016-03-11-21.07.31-1280x1024.jpg