CPSA what's your thoughts..

Will Poon

totaly agree, i am a member only because the mod only accept the cpsa to qualify there safty guys so i can run the clay shoots, my biggest gripe with them was when they came out attacking other shooters and agreed with ACPO that civies dont need more than two shots in a shotgun because thats all they use for clays,they also wanted semis banned as they saw no need for them, then they where dragged kicking and screaming into the real world where guess what other shooters shoot more than clays, i wont even go into the c**p they went into about FAC holders as the forum isnt long enough, my advice for what its worth DONT JOIN UNLESS YOU HAVE TO! :no::no:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This resignation from Joe Kitson has been in the Public domain for more than a week, perhaps it is a measure of the Association , that it has taken a week to respond with such a well worded and accurate statement. The Solicitor certainly earned his fee there ! :lol::lol::lol:

This resignation from Joe Kitson has been in the Public domain for more than a week, perhaps it is a measure of the Association , that it has taken a week to respond with such a well worded and accurate statement. The Solicitor certainly earned his fee there ! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, we don't know just how "accurate" this statement is, as it's only Joe's version of events, it will be interesting to see what sort of a response is forthcoming, no doubt it will be a bit of a fudge, and they will do their best to bury the matter as soon as possible.

It does follow a familiar theme however, one or two Board members with little or no practical experience of competition shooting completely at odds with a well respected member of the shooting community.

As for the Solicitor earning his fee, if I was Joe I would ask for a refund, as it does contain a number of typo's and has clearly not been proof read, which doesn't help his case.

Cat.

I was a member for over 30 years but when I had a problem with contamination of some rape crop they would not help. Sent multiple emails and made multiple phone calls but they would not give me the time of the day. I was a safety officer and a ref and our club had 20 other members. They told me the CEO was dealing but he never contacted me. BASC where completely different and offered help and advice and support.

I packaged up all my certificates and badges and sent them direct to the CEO and told him where to stick them but still not the balls to get back

the cpsa website is down currently?being updated? I have no dealings with CPSA but it feels to me there is a clear need for such a body.I was going to see if they publish their articles of association/raison d'etre etc but as cant get on website am none the wiser.

Reading all the above though and those of you who have had dealings with them there is certainly something clearly not working......(other than the website)

the cpsa website is down currently?being updated? I have no dealings with CPSA but it feels to me there is a clear need for such a body.I was going to see if they publish their articles of association/raison d'etre etc but as cant get on website am none the wiser.

Reading all the above though and those of you who have had dealings with them there is certainly something clearly not working......(other than the website)

Its working for me as I have just tried it.

The CPSA run a spread sheet, that's pretty much it (you can get better insurance cover for far less and almost anywhere).

The previously posted analogy to FIFA is comes close in the sense that absolutely everyone knows the organisation is a shocking embarrassment to the sport and very badly run, but year after year it bumbles on and nothing changes.

Apparently the CPSA have a monopoly on the spread sheet that they administer and there belies the power and control over the sport. Go figure.

A different question to ask is "does anyone (or indeed does anyone know anyone) who has a good word to say about the CPSA?". Lets run that poll :yes:

How much money do the CPSA collect in a year? Sorry for being lazy.

The Angling Trust was set up in an attempt to amalgamate all the fishing bodies. Failed miserably.

I was going to say disband the CPSA and give the job to the BASC but they haven't even made a move for it have they?

if it is 25,000 members with most full then @ £1.25-1.5m + 400 grounds and 200 trade associations.....t/o £1.75-2m?

12 members of staff say average wage £30k wage bill £360k.+NI/Pensions/Expenses....no idea what directors fees are or where any profit goes?But office costs/members insurance/IT costs of running a 'spreadsheet' would suspect leaves a good dollop?Do members see accounts?.......Who owns CPSA?.......

The CPSA run a spread sheet, that's pretty much it (you can get better insurance cover for far less and almost anywhere).

The previously posted analogy to FIFA is comes close in the sense that absolutely everyone knows the organisation is a shocking embarrassment to the sport and very badly run, but year after year it bumbles on and nothing changes.

Apparently the CPSA have a monopoly on the spread sheet that they administer and there belies the power and control over the sport. Go figure.

A different question to ask is "does anyone (or indeed does anyone know anyone) who has a good word to say about the CPSA?". Lets run that poll :yes:

They couldn't even get that right, instead of having the 'Shoot' software program developed for them so they own it outright to do with as they see fit. They just bought the licence but still paid for development, when they came to try and change/upgrade it a little they found out the error of their ways, they don't own it.

The original developer had them over a barrel so can charge them whatever they like for any changes, the only other alternative was to have a new program developed from the ground up but this time own it.

You couldn't make it up :no:

The software requirements are so simple that they could have hired a contractor for a week to produce it.

Seems to me they operate like the public sector, the board put themselves first with no interest in the membership, no attention to cost efficiency, no proper business plan and no concern for financial waste. For example: Why do they have huge legal bills every year? Some relatively small fees are a normal part of running a ltd company, but they seem to have constant litigations going on which indicates to me that something's seriously amiss with the "management" of the organisation.

They couldn't even get that right, instead of having the 'Shoot' software program developed for them so they own it outright to do with as they see fit. They just bought the licence but still paid for development, when they came to try and change/upgrade it a little they found out the error of their ways, they don't own it.

The original developer had them over a barrel so can charge them whatever they like for any changes, the only other alternative was to have a new program developed from the ground up but this time own it.

You couldn't make it up :no:

Classic! Wish I would come up with something like that for myself. Doh.

Did someone get fired for being THAT stupid? :-)

Classic! Wish I would come up with something like that for myself. Doh.

Did someone get fired for being THAT stupid? :-)

No idea I just remember the issue being raised, but you never get a straight answer out of them so I don't recall the eventual outcome.

Clive Hames, whilst being a very likeable Guy, is no stranger to conflict with the CPSA.

He goes through the annual accounts that are sent to every member with a fine tooth comb, scrutinising every aspect of expenditure, and raises questions at pretty much every AGM.

Some of his questions are of great interest to all CPSA members, others are so trivial as to be almost laughable, ie "There has been an increase in heat and light costs of only £4 to a total of £539. How do we do it?"

But, he certainly has touched a raw nerve with this particular gripe, which, on the face of it, I'm sure the vast majority of members would agree with him on, it's a pity that they have dealt with him in such a harsh, and costly manner..?

Cat.

There are people like that in most organisations.

That sort of scrutiny can be viewed as the thing that keeps things honest, keeps the management on their toes. In fact it can be seen as a jolly good thing, because the membership are confident that "nothing slips past Bill! (Or Eric, Or Katie, or Martin)

£40,000 is an awful lot of money to silence a long standing member who really wasn't doing much wrong, just being a bit of a thorn in their side. A multiple thorn, I'm sure, but it's not like he committed any crime.

Seen in the light of the questions raised by the recent resignation, the questionable (in some eyes) appointment, the not-so-long ago court case regarding an alleged defamation of character, this really isn't good.

if it is 25,000 members with most full then @ £1.25-1.5m + 400 grounds and 200 trade associations.....t/o £1.75-2m?

12 members of staff say average wage £30k wage bill £360k.+NI/Pensions/Expenses....no idea what directors fees are or where any profit goes?But office costs/members insurance/IT costs of running a 'spreadsheet' would suspect leaves a good dollop?Do members see accounts?.......Who owns CPSA?.......

Most interesting. The CPSA is a Limited Company and therefore has to file accounts at Companies House.They are in the public domain so i'm getting the last couple of years as a bit of light reading.

I think the only solution to this scandalous disgrace would be to call for an EGM and get it sorted once and for all.

Probably far better off by joining the Welsh , Irish, or Scottish associations or a completely new one should be formed.

All necessary because we have a basically dysfunctional Management Board !

I think the only solution to this scandalous disgrace would be to call for an EGM and get it sorted once and for all.

Probably far better off by joining the Welsh , Irish, or Scottish associations or a completely new one should be formed.

All necessary because we have a basically dysfunctional Management Board !

Or just cut off funds and form a new association, based on a consensus of what it's members really want; it's not like it would be the first time it's happened.