Sheep worrying

Blackpowder

Ready to get this thrown back but... They have been found dead and they are accusing dogs. With no evidence.

Im not saying it wasnt, but still little bit short sighted to just assume??

Thoughts are with the farmer at what can only be a very hard time.

There isn't anything else over here which would panic sheep in such a way to drive them to be crushed against fences.

Quads riders cause that kind of crush but I think in this winter tracks would be obvious.

Mass hysteria, big cats!!

Most likely dogs.

Once a flock gets nervous of a dog they recognise they get even more twitchy and at an amazing distance can recognise it.

It still sounds like a very rare and unusual event .

Sergeant Tom Carter from Sussex Police said: "I have never seen or heard of sheep-worrying on this scale before and this was a terrible sight. While there are no signs of any of the animals being savaged, we are all but 100 per cent certain that their deaths were brought about by dogs.

Or maybe rustlers got it badly wrong? If it were a dog or dogs I would have thought there would be some signs left behind. Shame the Sergeant doesn't give reasons for his 100% opinion.

Police are having issues with a low life a mile or so from me. He has 2 dogs - a staffie cross and a Doberman - which he just kicks out the door rather than walk on a lead. The staffie has attacked several dogs - and a local landowner (who employs a keeper ) has spelt out the realities of the situation in this rural environment with fields full off sheep and cattle but so far he has had just a warning from police. There are a handful of farmers now keeping an eye out for these dogs so, sadly for the dogs, I suspect there days are numbered.

There was an idiot close to us that set his dogs on a few sheep and filmed the predictable outcome, he showed this in a local pub, the police got involved and raided his address, they seized his phone and his dogs, but released shortly afterwards giving the lot back to him, as a dna profile would cost too much to match from the carcases to the dog, apparently video evidence alone is not much good.

It really does make my blood boil.