Ah well......

Scully

I have emailed Vicky Ford who's on the committee deciding on whats going forward but I've cc'ed in all

UK Organisations I could think of into my email to her, SACS BASC Countryside Alliance FACE and the NRA.

Its probably my most thought out email I've ever put together moreso than works emails ha ha :lol: anyone want to see it

I have emailed Vicky Ford who's on the committee deciding on whats going forward but I've cc'ed in all

UK Organisations I could think of into my email to her, SACS BASC Countryside Alliance FACE and the NRA.

Its probably my most thought out email I've ever put together moreso than works emails ha ha :lol: anyone want to see it

Of course

its quite long so bare with it sorry if its too long for some

Good Evening Vicky

I hope your well, I have received news of the latest amendment to the firearms directive as in the below link

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/eugunban-the-eu-commission-wants-to-licence-magazines/

I don't agree with some of the language used to describe Euro MEP's, however what this blog/post touches on is
very true though intrusive medical tests and the added any 10+ round magazines being licensed parts?,

These amendments have been dreamt up by anti hunter MEP - Bodil Valero who's a member of a party that is against
hunting and anything to do with shooting sports.

This is a vastly unworkable policy especially in the UK with Firearms Licensing Departments many have work backlogs
Essex, GMP, Kent amongst others. Magazines are in vast circulation already amongst target shooters, hunters and pest
controllers.

Any police officer, firearms enquiry officer, registered firearms dealer would tell you this an unworkable proposal
thats unenforceable as all magazines dont have serial numbers.

In turn this would be adding unneeded paperwork and work onto both Firearms Licensing Departments,
Registered Firearms Dealers and legal sports shooters both target and hunters alike.

This would also greatly affect both target shooters who compete both nationally and internationally and pest controllers
who use larger magazines to control pests or vermin.

Not to forget ex soldiers or ex sports shooters who have 15, 20, 30 round magazines just lying round the house gathering dust.
This added amendment could turn thousands potentially tens of thousands of people into criminals overnight here in the UK alone.

These amendments will do nothing to stop the justifications she has said it would in her speech.

If someone is going to do something they wont follow a silly law cooked up by an out of touch MEP
such as Bodil, they will do it anyway it will not prevent suicides at all.

No law abiding sports shooter would sell a legal registered serial numbered firearm to a criminal or the black market
unless they were stupid enough to think they could get away with it which they wouldn't come their certificate renewal time.

No criminal would want a bolt action hunting rifle or a target shooting rifle they are after handguns usually followed by
short barrelled shotguns or anything concealable for them to carry out their crimes, very few have access to the firearms that were
carried out in the horrific attacks in Paris.

Any person involved in shooting sports be it target, hunting or pest control has enough hoops to go through here in the UK.
Without more being added by some Swedish Green Party MEP and Others that have put these proposals forward that they did not vote for.

I believe allowing the increased medical check's that she is proposing as well as the 15,20,30 round + magazine registration amongst
the other added amendments will do untold damage and misery to the UK Shooting Industry, Firearms License Departments
who are already overworked, Pest Controllers/Target Shooters and anyone involved or working in the UK's Legal Firearms Industry.

That comprises of 60,000 Jobs and it benefits the UK economy with £2+ Billion Pounds a year and that figure is growing.

I hope you will confer with your UK MEP colleagues and the others on these added unnecessary, not well thought out amendments to
the firearms directive.

Many Thanks

Edited by Mossyoak77

Yep

its quite long so bare with it sorry if its too long for some

Good Evening Vicky

I hope your well, I have received news of the latest amendment to the firearms directive as in the below link

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/eugunban-the-eu-commission-wants-to-licence-magazines/

I don't agree with some of the language used to describe Euro MEP's, however what this blog/post touches on is

very true though intrusive medical tests and the added any 10+ round magazines being licensed parts?,

These amendments have been dreamt up by anti hunter MEP - Bodil Valero who's a member of a party that is against

hunting and anything to do with shooting sports.

This is a vastly unworkable policy especially in the UK with Firearms Licensing Departments many have work backlogs

Essex, GMP, Kent amongst others. Magazines are in vast circulation already amongst target shooters, hunters and pest

controllers.

Any police officer, firearms enquiry officer, registered firearms dealer would tell you this an unworkable proposal

thats unenforceable as all magazines dont have serial numbers.

In turn this would be adding unneeded paperwork and work onto both Firearms Licensing Departments,

Registered Firearms Dealers and legal sports shooters both target and hunters alike.

This would also greatly affect both target shooters who compete both nationally and internationally and pest controllers

who use larger magazines to control pests or vermin.

Not to forget ex soldiers or ex sports shooters who have 15, 20, 30 round magazines just lying round the house gathering dust.

This added amendment could turn thousands potentially tens of thousands of people into criminals overnight here in the UK alone.

These amendments will do nothing to stop the justifications she has said it would in her speech.

If someone is going to do something they wont follow a silly law cooked up by an out of touch MEP

such as Bodil, they will do it anyway it will not prevent suicides at all.

No law abiding sports shooter would sell a legal registered serial numbered firearm to a criminal or the black market

unless they were stupid enough to think they could get away with it which they wouldn't come their certificate renewal time.

No criminal would want a bolt action hunting rifle or a target shooting rifle they are after handguns usually followed by

short barrelled shotguns or anything concealable for them to carry out their crimes, very few have access to the firearms that were

carried out in the horrific attacks in Paris.

Any person involved in shooting sports be it target, hunting or pest control has enough hoops to go through here in the UK.

Without more being added by some Swedish Green Party MEP and Others that have put these proposals forward that they did not vote for.

I believe allowing the increased medical check's that she is proposing as well as the 15,20,30 round + magazine registration amongst

the other added amendments will do untold damage and misery to the UK Shooting Industry, Firearms License Departments

who are already overworked, Pest Controllers/Target Shooters and anyone involved or working in the UK's Legal Firearms Industry.

That comprises of 60,000 Jobs and it benefits the UK economy with £2+ Billion Pounds a year and that figure is growing.

I hope you will confer with your UK MEP colleagues and the others on these added unnecessary, not well thought out amendments to

the firearms directive.

Many Thanks

Will be interesting to see what the reply is, if any

MEPs are a waste of space, the real decisions are made behind closed doors.

+1 and waste of money.

Is it just me but when ever you listen to any politician speaking they are really are only interested in their own normally biased opion and forget the people who they are surposed to represent. Just to many do gooders who think they know best and should save the rest of us so we can then be so very greatful to them and make them think they are god. A situation that is only getting worst over time.

+1 to leave the EU