Webly and Scot tempest price

matth12321

I had one as a kid and loved it, liked the layout of the barrel on top the price is alot more than when i got one in the 80's but if you want it and can afford it hey ho away you go :good: you probably regret it if you dont i doubt there is many come up for sale

If it's a pistol to shoot and hopefully be a collectors item in future try and get hold of the mid eighties Crossman pump up pistol. I bought some co2 pistols and used them for a couple of weeks and they spent the next near ten years in a cupboard.

Not many air pistols are good to shoot and accurate to keep you interested.

At that price I wouldn't, if you want a webley pistol, spend that on a nice senior or mk1 premier. They are far far superior in every way to the tempest. I've got both, and by comparison, the tempest is awful. My tempest cost £27:29 new in 1979. Still got the box with price sticker.

Should be good for that archiebald - but the cage needs to be no bigger than the box that the pistol came in - I think that maybe Webley designed the original packaging with safety in mind - if the gun was to discharge inside the box there's little chance of the pellet exiting and causing any damage :innocent:

Edited by bruno22rf

Should be good for that archiebald - but the cage needs to be no bigger than the box that the pistol came in - I think that maybe Webley designed the original packaging with safety in mind - if the gun was to discharge inside the box there's little chance of the pellet exiting and causing any damage :innocent:

underdog can hit matchsticks with it at 10,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mm

IMHO - where Webley "over barrel" pistols are concerned the design was OK back in the mists of time but,as with most British products, far better alternatives became available to steal away customers while Webley simply buried it's head in the sand and continued to knock out variations on the same out dated theme for far too long.

IMHO - where Webley "over barrel" pistols are concerned the design was OK back in the mists of time but,as with most British products, far better alternatives became available to steal away customers while Webley simply buried it's head in the sand and continued to knock out variations on the same out dated theme for far too long.

Hw45, hw70. There are others of the same design that have proven it is popular, no?

The 70 bears no resemblance to the Wobbley jobs whereas the 45 is the pistol that the Wobbley would have became if only the makers hadn't sat on their hands for 50+ years and watched their business go down the pan. The 45, in its relatively short period of existence, has already over shadowed the British offering and is the choice for most people who want a high powered, reliable and accurate pistol.

The 45 I had from new a few years was not a patch on the first ones and I won't be buying another! In fact I would choose the wobberly over a new 45!

I agree with the sentiment of the British mentality of certain industry and the lack of investment for the future. However I have over my lifetime seen many a top airgun maker cut corners and take backward steps!

Where as most think we have advanced I also see us not advancing!