Bombshell Syrian news

Dave-G

In my capacity as a night shift cabbie I got talking to a passenger last night who works for (EDIT) DHL at an airport.

The gossip is a flight 'just' went to Syria with 100,000 UK passports.

So much for 'call me Dave' saying we'll take 20,000 of them directly from Syrian borders if that's true.

Edited by Dave-G

Stop listening to drunks who talk tosh late at night !

If you have to listen ,teach yourself to remove all rubbish from your cab including messages!

Sometimes this "tosh" can have a ring of truth. There were folk who knew things such as caparro were going before the staff knew, they wouldn't have called that news Tosh.

Ntl is actually a communications company that has contracts with various airports Heathrow being just one.as to any truth to this passport story well your guess is as good as mine.our government wouldn't feed us bull now would they.

Edited by bostonmick

Nel is actually a communications company that has contracts with various airports Heathrow being just one.as to any truth to this passport story well your guess is as good as mine.our government wouldn't feed us bull now would they.

NTL are indeed a communications company, and may well have contracts with UK airports, but the fact remains that all passports/visas are issued by HMPO under the control of the Home Office.

NTL are indeed a communications company, and may well have contracts with UK airports, but the fact remains that all passports/visas are issued by HMPO under the control of the Home Office.

And the fact remains at no time did I ever dispute who issues passports or who controls passports in the uk.

And the fact remains at no time did I ever dispute who issues passports or who controls passports in the uk.

No, but the fact remains that you did introduce a communications company into a discussion about passports, albeit you got its name wrong. ;)

No, but the fact remains that you did introduce a communications company into a discussion about passports, albeit you got its name wrong. ;)

Yes you are quite correct my predicted text changed the initial and I never noticed.however the op actually quoted the company name in the first instance to which you replied there was no such company.i was simply pointing out your error.

OOF - Dyslexia mixed in with a bit of brain cos I was discussing NTL with someone this morning lol.

DHL lol.

That reminds me of something daft that I said to someone some years ago I was thinking about getting some UPVC windows and I got mixed and said that I was thinking about getting some MDF windows I do not think that they would last very long in the winter but we had a good laugh about it.